Thread: Battery Pins

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Battery Pins

I am new to this forum, and new to restoring pachinko machines. I just bought my first one this weekend. It is a Nishijin Model B, with the Spring Jet center. I intend to post some pictures soon to see if any of you can provide me any obviously missing parts or misplaced mechanics, but there is one thing that I do know is missing. I only have one battery pin. I need to know if anyone knows where to be extra ones. I think I only have the white one, and I need to have the orange one. Are they even called battery pins? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

3. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Battery Pins

Thank you. I feel like this should be something you can buy at a Lowes or Radio Shack. Haven't found it though.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post
    Thank you. I feel like this should be something you can buy at a Lowes or Radio Shack. Haven't found it though.
    Most any hardware or electronics store should have them. At Lowe’s I believe I have seen them in the specialty hardware drawers by the screws and such.

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post
    I'm sure there is something there. Or more likely...a "mom & pop" store. They usually have drawers of all sizes of fasteners for like .06 cents each...if you know the thread pitch you are looking for. Don't expect the store clerk of either to know what "thread pitch" means!
    I haven't checked...ever, but they are clearly smaller than a 5mm...I would suspect a 4mm .7 pitch. Usually labeled "M4x.5". This is techinal jargon...and does not change from brand to brand, or store to store.
    Keep in mind, that I do not know the actual thread pitch of the pachinko machine fuse box. Your best bet is to take the screw you have to the hardware store, and find a metric nut that fits it. check the thread pitch of the nut and buy a screw of the same thread pitch. Once you know the thread pitch, you can check yhe drawers that have the "specialty hardware" for a "thumbscrew" with the same thread pitch.
    Most of this only applies to "mom & pop" stores, as the big box stores only have "pre package assortments" which may,or may not have the thread pitch you need...and NEVER as a thumbscrew!

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    I'm sure there is something there. Or more likely...a "mom & pop" store. They usually have drawers of all sizes of fasteners for like .06 cents each...if you know the thread pitch you are looking for. Don't expect the store clerk of either to know what "thread pitch" means!
    I haven't checked...ever, but they are clearly smaller than a 5mm...I would suspect a 4mm .7 pitch. Usually labeled "M4x.5". This is techinal jargon...and does not change from brand to brand, or store to store.
    Keep in mind, that I do not know the actual thread pitch of the pachinko machine fuse box. Your best bet is to take the screw you have to the hardware store, and find a metric nut that fits it. check the thread pitch of the nut and buy a screw of the same thread pitch. Once you know the thread pitch, you can check yhe drawers that have the "specialty hardware" for a "thumbscrew" with the same thread pitch.
    Most of this only applies to "mom & pop" stores, as the big box stores only have "pre package assortments" which may,or may not have the thread pitch you need...and NEVER as a thumbscrew!
    Thanks! I think I will take the only thumb screw I have to some stores and see if I can find a match. I’m just in the beginning stages of restoration so just breaking down and cleaning all of the parts. Once I get up that way I’m sure I’ll find one. I’m also missing the lower track cover. I wish I had a 3D printer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You could fashion a track cover from rigid cardboard or get one here:

http://pachinkorestorations.com/page...age&category=7

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Where you able to determine the screw size? I'm in similar situation except my machine came with none of the battery pins.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Apologize for the noise. As soon as i posted i found them here https://pachinkorestorations.com/pro...mb-screws-set/ ... Murphy's Law.

15. The following user says "Thanks" to Briggy73