Thread: US Quarters in a Pachislot Hopper.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unhappy US Quarters in a Pachislot Hopper.

So I know that quarters are rejected if you place them into a pachislot machine coinslot and we don’t like to discuss convention because it’s illegal blah blah... BUT would an unmodified pachislot hopper be able to spit out a quarter?

I only ask because I recently brought a few bags of tokens from my other home and apparently my father put quarters accidentally into the token mix! I dumped about 80% of the large bag into the machine hopper before realizing it (100’s of tokens) and the rest into the front tray. It was not until I started played (and getting so many rejected coins) that I realized what had happened.

So without disecting the hopper...should it be able to spit out a few intermittent quarters without modifications? They are almost identical size wise! I realize that the door can be “converted” to accept quarters so in theory the hopper should be able to handle it right? Never seen hopper mod documents for quarters.

really hoping I don’t have to take it all apart and search for quarters.
    Calypso

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: US Quarters in a Pachislot Hopper.

seeing as the hopper is just a spinning disc like a centrifuge pump. with a small slot in one place the size of a token, with a light beam to detect tokens exiting, As long as what ever was in there is the same size in diameter and thickness, then the hopper will spit it out. If you say you have a mixed lot of tokens and other objects, remove the hopper and empty it in a large tray or container, then sort out manually. After all you wouldn't want to damage the light beam mech, or the machine will just go into error.
    Ian #UKPachinko

3. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you Clam.
    Looking at a quarter next to one of these tokens it is just a tiny bit thinner than the token but a very small difference overall. The diameter is about the same. Nothing else is mixed into the bag but some quarters. I think my dad was just trying to play with quarters when I wasn’t home and didn’t tell me. I found about 20 bucks in quarters do far! But I’d rather not empty the entire hopper out if it’s not needed. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    seeing as the hopper is just a spinning disc like a centrifuge pump. with a small slot in one place the size of a token, with a light beam to detect tokens exiting, As long as what ever was in there is the same size in diameter and thickness, then the hopper will spit it out. If you say you have a mixed lot of tokens and other objects, remove the hopper and empty it in a large tray or container, then sort out manually. After all you wouldn't want to damage the light beam mech, or the machine will just go into error.
    Last edited by Calypso; 10-29-2017 at 11:17 AM.
    Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The hopper should eject them with no problem. Whenever you convert a machine to accept quarters, you only need to modify the coin mechanism and not the hopper.
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Wayne!
    Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne-Ooo View Post
    The hopper should eject them with no problem. Whenever you convert a machine to accept quarters, you only need to modify the coin mechanism and not the hopper.
    With the majority of machines that is the case. I bought a heavily discounted machine in the past that "didn't work all the time" and noted an HE error when it was turned on. Turned out the owner had put quarters in and although mostly tokens, the few quarters in the mix would always gum up the works. The seller never figured out his problem.
    A Hardy har har...

9. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Meathead