Thread: Sankyo High Grade 7&15 Payout/functionality issues Missing parts?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Sankyo High Grade 7&15 Payout/functionality issues (Missing parts?)

I picked this machine up today, and while it does work, it seems like it isn't working 100%. While playing, I have never seen the number lights (yellow arrow of first image) or the LED counter (Red arrow first image) change from 0. I also haven't seen the door open (Green arrow first picture). I'm not sure what the slot machine screen is doing at all, as it doesn't appear to ever pay out or do anything besides make a lot of noise.

InkedIMG_20171021_205528_LI_sm.jpg

I'm wondering if there is some sort of sensor missing on the "Fever" buckets that would make something happen, but there aren't any disconnected wires or missing plugs on the back anywhere.

IMG_20171021_205557_sm.jpg

It looks like there's a place behind the Fever buckets (yellow arrow, 3rd picture) that a sensor could fit into, maybe like the one for the main payout (shown in picture 4).

IMG_20171021_205614_sm.jpgIMG_20171021_205645_sm.jpg

Anyone have any experience with these that can give me an idea of what to do next?

Thanks in advance.

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to swampface

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sankyo High Grade 7&15 Payout/functionality issues (Missing parts?)

Machine name is Fever Powerful III - フィーバーパワフルⅢ made by Sankyo, came out in 1992.

First Sankyo game with an LCD screen.

First appearance of 夢夢ちゃん (Mumuchan), long time company mascot. images.jpg38_211_2.jpg (gratuitous Bunny version for Drunkenclam )

When a ball goes in the pocket above where it says 'chance' the 'reels' spin on the screen. The more action other than normal means there's a better chance you'll win. If they line up, it's called a Fever and the big door at the bottom will open and you can put 10 balls in there, winning 15 for every one that goes in. The counter below that counts the balls that go in. Then the door closes and then opens again. I think it happens 15 times in this game. The 1,3,5,7 and 2,4,6,8 is the type of bonus you have. Odd bonuses mean the your chance of a second bonus is 10 times more likely. I have this game but it's buried at the moment so I can't tell you about the Fever pockets.

Haven't played it in a while, found this video of the screen. I believe the bonus you get (odd or even) is based on what combination of '7's you get, obviously all 7's is best. I think one of them is also all fruits.

Youtube search
    Last edited by compirate; 10-21-2017 at 11:12 PM.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hrmmm, no matter how many balls I put through the main hole to spin the wheels,that door won't open for me. I'll check to see if any voltage is going to the solenoid, maybe that's gone bad on me.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

are the 7's lining up? If they don't, it won't open. In the upper right corner should be the odds, I think it's 1/240, so a bonus possible in every 240 spins. Not as bad as some.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello swampface and welcome to the group

Just keep shooting the balls (or hand feed them) into the start pocket. There will be long dry spells and continuous winning ones. Here is a video describing what you will see as you fill one or more lines with 7's as compirate described. The game face in the video is a little different than yours but I believe the video display action is the same. At time mark 1:20 you will also see the numbers below the opened door count the balls passing thru the door as described.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypZ9RPzQgiM

Nice find there compirate on the video. You must have been editing your post while I was putting mine together.
    Last edited by Peteybob; 10-21-2017 at 11:14 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    Nice find there compirate on the video. You must have been editing your post while I was putting mine together.
    I edited several times as I found stuff. The beauty of being a Mod, I can edit anytime

This was perhaps the first game I really hunted for. Finally got it somewhere in Texas, I believe. Met the people who were out having dinner and brought it out in their SUV (me driving a tractor trailer). It was getting dark and I couldn't turn around on the road I was on so I followed the GPS and ended up down a dirt road in a farmers field. Luckily it did end at a paved road.
    I really want to restore this one to factory, every part off, refinished and back on, re-chrome any plastic and redo the background if necessary.

Found this video, seems this guy goes and plays at retro parlors. I'd like to go there!
    Last edited by compirate; 10-21-2017 at 11:45 PM.

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That would be a nice restore to see done. Mumuchan and here friends are fun characters. I have the pachislo Nana Cafe, also know as 7 Cafe. I'd like to get one of her pachinkos someday as well. While the newer machines have a lot more flash and action I still enjoy the simplicity of the story line with Mumu.

Nice video, he seems to give a good tutorial about the machines.
    Last edited by Peteybob; 10-22-2017 at 12:08 AM.

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Are you getting any payouts?? It should be paying out every time you get the screen to spin..(as compirate said, you won't get bigger payouts until you match numbers) Do you have balls in the back??

Could you post a pic of the whole back??

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

12. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    Hello swampface and welcome to the group

Just keep shooting the balls (or hand feed them) into the start pocket. There will be long dry spells and continuous winning ones. Here is a video describing what you will see as you fill one or more lines with 7's as compirate described. The game face in the video is a little different than yours but I believe the video display action is the same. At time mark 1:20 you will also see the numbers below the opened door count the balls passing thru the door as described.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypZ9RPzQgiM

I spent a half hour or so plugging balls through the middle hole before I finally got triple 7's, but I finally got it, and everything seems to work. Holy crap does it eat through balls when that gets activated!

I did get this screen after I took too long getting more balls in the hopper:

IMG_20171022_165951_sm.jpg

It seemed to be stuck at that point so I had to shut it off.

My new questions are now:

1. My video screen is corrupt on the top inch or so, is this just a case of it being old, or is there something I can do to get it working correctly?
    2. Is there a volume control hiding somewhere?
    3. Is there a way to adjust the odds?

Thanks for all your help!

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to swampface

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not getting that first character but the last 3 - 害発生 - say 'harm occurred'

It error-ed out because you weren't playing out a bonus round, figured something was wrong and would have called an attendant to fix it (probably a heart attack because you finally got a bonus ). You gotta be quicker with the reload.

1. Check all the connectors going to the lcd.
    2. I think it's inside the bottom door. When you open the front glass, just inside on the right should be a thing you push down to open the bottom door.
    3. The odds are fixed. On a few games a couple generations before this they toyed with an odds setting system but it was very short lived.
    Last edited by compirate; 10-22-2017 at 11:10 PM.

16. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you adjust the odds by adjusting the nails..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead