Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Price Check - AvP Pachinko

  1. #1
    Tokie Owens John I's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    23
    Thanks Received
    44
    Groans Given
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thumbs up Price Check - AvP Pachinko

    I notice that very few of the For Sale ads on this site seem to give prices? I am a casual collector and have not been keeping track of the trends. I'm thinking about selling my Alien vs Predator pachinko, but not sure how much it is worth? I'm not looking to make a killing. Just a fair member-to-member price that is good for both parties.

    The AvP is in beautiful shape and works great. It is installed in a nice wooden cabinet and took me a long time to get it to not spill out balls. I modified the standard cabinet with various barriers to funnel the balls properly back into the bin. Also, added heavy duty felt to make the balls a lot quieter as the drop though the wooden box. I replaced the volume potentiometers that it came with because they basically sucked and the sound was cutting out all the time. I used the new style ones from eBay. I also added a speaker on/off switch to the side of the cabinet so you don't have to hear that outrageous ear splitting alarm noise when the game is first turned on. The game is located in Central Florida and I would not be willing to ship if I do sell it. I might possibly take it to Free Play Florida in November.

  2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to John I


  3. #2
    Sandwich Shooter quester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    271
    Thanks
    237
    Thanks Received
    287
    Groans Given
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Price Check - AvP Pachinko

    there someone that posted in member trade forum, looking for AvP, 3 months ago, said he was a die hard collector of Alien movie stuff, maybe he still looking, value could be anything

    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...s-avp-pachislo
    2015 Macross Frontier 2 2010 Superman Returns 2010 Jurassic Park 2 Max 2009 Enter The Matrix 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2008 Hyper Sea Story 2006 American Dream 2005 Garfield 2005 Monster Village 1999 Ghost 1992 Judo Club

  4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to quester


  5. #3
    Tokie Owens Nethawk86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Tolleson, AZ
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks Received
    13
    Groans Given
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Hey bud! I am said guy that's the die hard alien collector!!! Pm sent your way bud!

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

  6. The following user says "Thanks" to Nethawk86


  7. #4
    Tokie Owens Nethawk86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Tolleson, AZ
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks Received
    13
    Groans Given
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quester View Post
    there someone that posted in member trade forum, looking for AvP, 3 months ago, said he was a die hard collector of Alien movie stuff, maybe he still looking, value could be anything

    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...s-avp-pachislo
    Thanks again for looking out! You're awesome my friend!!

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

  8. The following user says "Thanks" to Nethawk86


  9. #5
    Tokie Owens John I's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    23
    Thanks Received
    44
    Groans Given
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Price Check - AvP Pachinko

    OK looks like we might be able to work something out. I like seeing games go to a good home when I sell them.

  10. #6
    Fever Hunter Calypso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    123
    Thanks
    122
    Thanks Received
    21
    Groans Given
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Price Check - AvP Pachinko

    If that sale doesn't work out...I LIVE in Central FL. I could pick it up as shipping can kill! (if the price is reasonable).

    That being said I would never "rob" a newer member of a long sought after machine. So let me know.

    I would like to see some photos if possible. (I know that can be a pain). Also if we exchange #'s a video etc.

    Anyway. Sounds like it may be sold...but I am interested in case it does not.
    Calypso

  11. #7
    Fever Hunter Calypso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    123
    Thanks
    122
    Thanks Received
    21
    Groans Given
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Price Check - AvP Pachinko

    Queso, you are in deed "the man"

    Way to spot this one!

    Quote Originally Posted by quester View Post
    there someone that posted in member trade forum, looking for AvP, 3 months ago, said he was a die hard collector of Alien movie stuff, maybe he still looking, value could be anything

    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...s-avp-pachislo
    Calypso

  12. The following user says "Thanks" to Calypso


  13. #8
    Tokie Owens Nethawk86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Tolleson, AZ
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks Received
    13
    Groans Given
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
    If that sale doesn't work out...I LIVE in Central FL. I could pick it up as shipping can kill! (if the price is reasonable).

    That being said I would never "rob" a newer member of a long sought after machine. So let me know.

    I would like to see some photos if possible. (I know that can be a pain). Also if we exchange #'s a video etc.

    Anyway. Sounds like it may be sold...but I am interested in case it does not.
    Very insanely long time I've been waiting on these. Still need the AVP slot and then Alien, Aliens, and AVP pachinko and I will be fully collected (besides the Japanese Alien huge coin pusher lol). But yes, we are in the midst of working this out as I just am waiting on the dimensions and weight to get a fastenal shipping quote. He is being awesome and changed his mind on shipping it for me. Can't wait to get this in!

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

  14. The following user says "Thanks" to Nethawk86


  15. #9
    Sandwich Shooter quester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    271
    Thanks
    237
    Thanks Received
    287
    Groans Given
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Price Check - AvP Pachinko

    just know Fed Ex and UPS are not nice to machines, the more protected the better, buy extra padding, the warehouse kids don't care about your 100 pound machine
    2015 Macross Frontier 2 2010 Superman Returns 2010 Jurassic Park 2 Max 2009 Enter The Matrix 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2008 Hyper Sea Story 2006 American Dream 2005 Garfield 2005 Monster Village 1999 Ghost 1992 Judo Club

  16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to quester


  17. #10
    Tokie Owens Nethawk86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Tolleson, AZ
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks Received
    13
    Groans Given
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quester View Post
    just know Fed Ex and UPS are not nice to machines, the more protected the better, buy extra padding, the warehouse kids don't care about your 100 pound machine
    Hence the fastenal hopefully. Lots of my arcades and pins have been shipped by them and it's worked out. Bigger names like pilot or STI are jokes.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

  18. #11
    Sandwich Shooter quester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    271
    Thanks
    237
    Thanks Received
    287
    Groans Given
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Price Check - AvP Pachinko

    whats the company name?
    2015 Macross Frontier 2 2010 Superman Returns 2010 Jurassic Park 2 Max 2009 Enter The Matrix 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2008 Hyper Sea Story 2006 American Dream 2005 Garfield 2005 Monster Village 1999 Ghost 1992 Judo Club

  19. #12
    Tokie Owens Nethawk86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Tolleson, AZ
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks Received
    13
    Groans Given
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
    If that sale doesn't work out...I LIVE in Central FL. I could pick it up as shipping can kill! (if the price is reasonable).

    That being said I would never "rob" a newer member of a long sought after machine. So let me know.

    I would like to see some photos if possible. (I know that can be a pain). Also if we exchange #'s a video etc.

    Anyway. Sounds like it may be sold...but I am interested in case it does not.
    Oh, also, I am not a newer member...I am 16 days older on here than you....so don't you forget it hahahahaha!!!

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

  20. #13
    Tokie Owens Nethawk86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Tolleson, AZ
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks Received
    13
    Groans Given
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quester View Post
    whats the company name?
    Fastenal. It's a 3rd party transit line, you package it up, drop it off at your local store, they put it on 1 of their trucks heading that way with their stuff, and you pick it up at their store that's local to you. And you pay next to nothing. I shipped a T2 pin from Ohio to here in Arizona for $125.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

  21. #14
    Fever Hunter Calypso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    123
    Thanks
    122
    Thanks Received
    21
    Groans Given
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Price Check - AvP Pachinko

    Quote Originally Posted by Nethawk86 View Post
    Oh, also, I am not a newer member...I am 16 days older on here than you....so don't you forget it hahahahaha!!!

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Oops~

    You are correct! I just mistook your generic avatar and "tokie owens" contribution and didnt look at the actual join date!

    Either way...glad you are getting it and I hope it arrives safely. Can we see photos of your collection/or gameroom?

    I have never heard of the coin pusher!
    Calypso

  22. #15
    Tokie Owens Nethawk86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Tolleson, AZ
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks Received
    13
    Groans Given
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
    Oops~

    You are correct! I just mistook your generic avatar and "tokie owens" contribution and didnt look at the actual join date!

    Either way...glad you are getting it and I hope it arrives safely. Can we see photos of your collection/or gameroom?

    I have never heard of the coin pusher!
    Yeah it's from capcom and is called Alien the Medal arcade. It's s huge coin pusher with an anamatronic alien in the middle surrounding 8 booths the players sit at. I am in the middle of rearranging my arcade at the moment to fit my incoming LE Alien and terminator 2 pinball machines. So I will get some pictures later. I had some posted on KLOV a while back but not any updated ones.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

  23. The following user says "Thanks" to Nethawk86


  24. #16
    Fever Hunter Calypso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    123
    Thanks
    122
    Thanks Received
    21
    Groans Given
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Price Check - AvP Pachinko

    Wow crazy.

    I was just watching some youtube videos of that coin pusher in action...talk about overcomplicating a simple concept chance-game!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_9kOUzJUgY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_6boGkNiog

    If you can ever find that (in one piece) and have it shipped here...(working) my hat would go off to you!
    Calypso

  25. #17
    Fever Hunter Calypso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    123
    Thanks
    122
    Thanks Received
    21
    Groans Given
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Price Check - AvP Pachinko

    HANG ON!
    The Alien freakin' "spits" coins into the playing field when you win a jackpot (as shown in second video @9:13)!!!

    The whole thing just permeates it being a "mechanical nightmare" within every element of the game! This coming from a Dave&Busters "game wizard" (technician) at that!
    Calypso

  26. #18
    Fever Hunter Calypso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    123
    Thanks
    122
    Thanks Received
    21
    Groans Given
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Price Check - AvP Pachinko

    Quote Originally Posted by John I View Post
    I notice that very few of the For Sale ads on this site seem to give prices? I am a casual collector and have not been keeping track of the trends. I'm thinking about selling my Alien vs Predator pachinko, but not sure how much it is worth? I'm not looking to make a killing. Just a fair member-to-member price that is good for both parties.

    The AvP is in beautiful shape and works great. It is installed in a nice wooden cabinet and took me a long time to get it to not spill out balls. I modified the standard cabinet with various barriers to funnel the balls properly back into the bin. Also, added heavy duty felt to make the balls a lot quieter as the drop though the wooden box. I replaced the volume potentiometers that it came with because they basically sucked and the sound was cutting out all the time. I used the new style ones from eBay. I also added a speaker on/off switch to the side of the cabinet so you don't have to hear that outrageous ear splitting alarm noise when the game is first turned on. The game is located in Central Florida and I would not be willing to ship if I do sell it. I might possibly take it to Free Play Florida in November.
    John,

    Are you parting with any more games? Your so freaking close! I’d be hard for me not to pick something up...
    Calypso

Similar Threads

  1. Price Check: Bubble Bobble
    By Pinwizkid in forum Model Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-29-2015, 12:47 PM
  2. Token price check?
    By woowoo in forum Model Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 09:08 PM
  3. Price check
    By indy5mike in forum Model Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-09-2009, 12:35 AM
  4. Price Check
    By BigBearSteve in forum These are the days of our lives...
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 01:07 PM
  5. Price check for a Daiichi Pachinko model on eBay
    By Ichi in forum Modern Pachinko
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-30-2007, 04:24 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •