Thread: Help Identifying a Machine?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Help Identifying a Machine?

Hi friends :]

I've had this machine for several years and have been trying to identify it off and on... After having no luck yet again, I thought I'd finally register here and get some help from people who know much more about this than me.

Can you guys help me identify this machine? It's a pretty cute one, and it's fun to play. I feel like I'm enjoying it on a really basic level though, and I want to learn more about it and how it works. As of now I just feel like a little kid clapping at the flashing lights and funny sounds. I tried translating some of the text with my phone but I could only get little bits and pieces here and there, Bixby is not very helpful to me... So if there's anything anyone can tell me about this particular machine I'd be truly grateful. :]

2. The following user says "Thanks" to ittybittybunnies

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help Identifying a Machine?

welcome aboard

just adding the the photo here
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome Aboard

What a cute machine

たっ君のお散歩天国 by アビリット
    Your Walk in Heaven by Abilit (so mansai777 says, althought the machine clearly says Takasago)

from 07/2001
    If you have a smart phone translator that uses a camera, Try scanning this page as it contains the original play guide.

http://www.happyslot777.net/meikiretsuden/?p=314
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 10-08-2017 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Grammer correction
    Ian #UKPachinko

6. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello ittybittybunnies and welcome to the group Nice looking machine

The former Takasago Electric Industry Company became part of the Abilit Corporation after your machine came out so info may be found under one or both names at times.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ah, awesome! I wasn't expecting such a quick response, I'm honestly impressed...! thank you for the welcomes as well!
    I tried using my phone to translate the play guide, and got some information, but it's pretty flawed and I don't have enough to piece together the whole puzzle. From what I can work out, the goal of the game is to take Gon, the dog, for a walk. The numbers on the right of the machine correspond to "walking time" (which looks like one of the bonus games on the machine?). The color of "the Aloha" (Takkun's shirt on the upper left) apparently helps give hints during bonus games and there's a lot of boasting about surround sound and seven-color LEDs... And there's something about matching a character's symbols when you hear their voice, but that part really didn't translate well.
    I'd like to give this to someone who can translate it for me at some point, but for now this is a big step in the right direction!! I'm very pleased to finally have some documents about this thing. :]

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You could try something like "Japanese translation service Ohio" in Google if you are up to paying for a written translation. Cost could vary widely I imagine.

I use the Google Translate app with my tablet and it works pretty well. The real time translations are often jumbled together compared to what I get with taking a picture of the same text. Takes a little patience in working with it for me.

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Any Japanese restaurants around you? Print out some pictures of the guide and keep them with you, you never know

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

After playing this machine extensively today, with my stitched-together translations from the play guide, I've got a much better idea of how to play now! I don't fully understand all of it, but I'm getting MUCH better payouts than I did before. I actually had to refill the machine four times today...

Here's what I found out:
    There are three types of bonus games: There's "walking time" which is triggered by matching proprietary red panels (sometimes... other times they do nothing; not exactly sure when and why), "bonus game" which is triggered by matching three bars and "big bonus" which is triggered by matching three sevens.
    How much walking time you get is determined by the numbers on the right of the machine - it goes through them like a roulette and stops on a number. The most common by far was 11 - meaning I had 11 spins in walking time. During this bonus game, the digital display at the top would tell how many spins you have left before walking time ends. In addition, while spinning, it may show certain symbols. As an example - It may show a red 5, a blue 3 and a green 7 (saying the japanese words for these colors as their corresponding reels are up as well). In this case, your aim is to get a symbol of each color to show in their respective reels - doing so increases your chances of getting a match. It's possible to have the bonus game ask you to get 333 or 777, which is the only time when I've actually matched three sevens.
    Bonus game has a certain amount of guaranteed hits it gives you, and it will only take one credit at a time. In addition, some of the matches work differently in this mode. Normally, to get matches with dog symbols, they need to have a red symbol, 7 or bar in the first reel, but this isn't the case in this mode. Collars also work differently - in normal play, they let you retry your previous spin, but in this mode they just give you credits.
    Big bonus is where it's at. Like holy cow. Big bonus has its own set of guaranteed hits, and in addition it guarantees three bonus games - which are triggered through matching three collars instead of three bars like normal. When the bonus games are over, big bonus continues where it left off - this is actually the case for walking time, too, as when my big bonus ran out, i resumed walking time where it had left off.
    All three modes have unique lights, music and voice acting, and they're all very cute. There's also unique music for when you get the question mark in walking time, but I'm still not really sure what that one does. Instead of counting down, it counts up - though I think the walking time might actually be completely random for this one because I've had it stop after 1, and after 9, which is not a typical amount...
    So three things remain a mystery to me thus far: When and why walking time triggers, what the mystery walking time means and the significance of the ever-mysterious Aloha. This is the biggest mystery; I do not for the life of me understand when I'm supposed to pay attention to the color of Takkun's shirt.

In any case, I'm extremely happy with my progress in understanding this machine so far. If people are interested I might record footage of it in action... Though that will have to wait until I get the replacement bulbs I ordered for it...

14. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to ittybittybunnies

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I should also point out that most machines like to tease. So you think your getting some where. Then all of a sudden. Your back at the beginning.

Difference in clothing. Normally refers to a higher chance of a bonus. But that doesn't always mean a win.
    Ian #UKPachinko

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam