Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
The machine should have a data plate on it telling you what the current spec is.

If your machine is exactly as it was when you plugged it in to the US 110v wall outlet. You can buy a 300w 230-110v transformer in maplins. Then just plug it straight in as it has the right socket on it already

I thought hyper passion was a Pachinko

Thank you very much for this! First, you are correct. My apologies, I should have been more mindful and put this in the Pachinko Tech Support forum, I must have overlooked that.

I've not altered the machine, but my understanding is that the Japanese transformer was exchanged for a North American one. That said, it was my understanding that Japanese functioned on the same electrics standards as North America? Although a summary search suggests that Japan uses 60Hz whereas the US functions on 50Hz. By no means am I an electrical engineer, so I thought this would be the best place to ask.

I will certainly look for the plate. Some labelling is present, but it's naturally written in Japanese, so this might take some effort. In any case, thank you very much for your help!