Thread: Sankyo Lumina Frame Light Bulb Type

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Sankyo Lumina Frame Light Bulb Type

I'm sure this is posted elsewhere put I can't seem to find any relevant info to identify what type of bulb is in these frames. I have a number of burnt out bulbs that need replacing, and the fact that these things ate 10+ years old it is surprising to me that there isn't more info about replacing bulbs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated in identifying these bulbs.

Thanks

Steve

2. The following user says "Thanks" to shnetinka

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sankyo Lumina Frame Light Bulb Type

I have several older links to the topic here on PachiTalk but they all come up dead at this time. I understand that this is a decent replacement bulb (no base) at this link.
    http://bulbster.com/lightbulbs/eiko-...72-p-2352.html

I have some bulbs that are from other machines by Pioneer that work well in my Lumina frames as replacements if you want to try some. The base on these are just a bit snug but they work out just the same as best as I can tell. Another option is to wait and see if anyone can come up with some originals. I do have some used ones pending in Japan right now. I have not had them dispatched to my address yet. I am waiting on other auction items that are to be consolidated for shipment.

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by shnetinka View Post
    I'm sure this is posted elsewhere put I can't seem to find any relevant info to identify what type of bulb is in these frames. I have a number of burnt out bulbs that need replacing, and the fact that these things ate 10+ years old it is surprising to me that there isn't more info about replacing bulbs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated in identifying these bulbs.

Thanks

Steve
    Hey Steve if you are still looking for replacement Lumina bulbs, I could send you some of my originals from a working machine ahead of what I will receive next month from Japan. How many of which bulbs do you need? Post or PM me if you like.
    Pete

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

hello, Pete

I have a fever ghost sankyo machine, it has a couple burned out bulbs, can I buy from you? will they fit in that model? if not, where do you get bulbs from?

Thanks
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

Thanks
    Thanks Received

light copy.jpgLight1.jpglight2.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    I have several older links to the topic here on PachiTalk but they all come up dead at this time. I understand that this is a decent replacement bulb (no base) at this link.
    http://bulbster.com/lightbulbs/eiko-...72-p-2352.html

I have some bulbs that are from other machines by Pioneer that work well in my Lumina frames as replacements if you want to try some. The base on these are just a bit snug but they work out just the same as best as I can tell. Another option is to wait and see if anyone can come up with some originals. I do have some used ones pending in Japan right now. I have not had them dispatched to my address yet. I am waiting on other auction items that are to be consolidated for shipment.
    Thanks peteybob! I appreciate the offer but I think I'll be ok for now. I made some led replacements and I think I'm going to try swapping one machine fully to led's which should give me enough spares. Here are some pics of the led's I made and a pic of one installed. I installed a blue one where the white lights normally go for contrast so I could be sure the correct bulb was lighting. There are a lot of different places for bulbs on this frame!

Basically on this one I put the resistor inside the base. On soem of the others I made I had the resistor poking outside the back and I think I like that better as I can seat the led snugly into the base.

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to shnetinka

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by quester View Post
    hello, Pete

I have a fever ghost sankyo machine, it has a couple burned out bulbs, can I buy from you? will they fit in that model? if not, where do you get bulbs from?

Thanks
    Hello Quester, I've been stumped looking around for info on your machine and I'm not sure which frame your fever ghost is in. Are you able to post a picture of your machine? Can anyone else shed some light on the question of do the Lumina frame bulbs work in the Sankyo Fever Ghost machine?

Do your bulbs and bases look like this one?
    Pachi Bulbs Lumina.jpg

I could always send some to you to try. I've only found these in small bulk quantities from used surplus sellers in Japan so far.
    Last edited by Peteybob; 09-12-2017 at 07:09 PM.

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

DSC00345.jpg

Here a picture, its the red/pink frame (left side), the lights that are burned out are above video screen, I haven't taken it apart, I just saw your post and asked
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

13. The following user says "Thanks" to quester

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just took machine apart, bulbs are very very small and hooked to circuit board, can't be replaced without skill of knowing how to do it, which I don't have that skill at all, so thanks for your time, the bulbs that are burned out, have been since i purchased machine many years ago, so again thank you for researching

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Are the bulbs on the cell or on the frame above the front glass? Your machine looked familiar after seeing the whole thing and it is much like my 'Downtown Theater' model. Yours looks to be 'CRF Ghost SP' from Nov. 1999.
    http://www.p-world.co.jp/machine/database/1364

I started stripping down mine a year ago to do a full cleaning but haven't touched it since. I don't recall what did or didn't work on mine but perhaps I can still help you out if you can point out the lights in detail. I'll need to pull it out one evening after work this week to check further for you or find a possible source.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the circuit board is shaped to fit behind frame and above video screen, so board is appox 1.5 inch by 5 inches with curves cut out, with many red lights to light up everything above video screen, there are 9 small, and 2 large red plastic area to be lit up, i believe 3 bulbs are out, the bulb size is 1/16 by 1/8 maybe smaller.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When you turn on a lumina frame. If you press and hold the 'PUSH' button during the first minute. The frame cycles through all the frame lights. So you can see if the bulb is blown. Or the cel isn't triggering the bulb to light.
    Ian #UKPachinko

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am a tad confused as the area of lights in question so please bear with me. I pulled out my large parts for a few pictures to try and confirm which part we are looking at. I am willing to reassemble mine to check the lights but wanted to be certain of which area first.

Pictures one and two are about the frame lighting above the cell. Mine has the upper set of many (39) tiny red fixed lamps behind the red plastic lens. The lower set just above the glass has 6 clear lamps behind a green plastic lens.
    SankyoFrameLights1.jpgSankyoFrameLights2.jpg

The third picture is of the cell with the area above the video display highlighted. I have not taken this center feature apart yet to see what lighting is behind it and I don't recall either. The lighting boards might be different being that our center features are different or they could be the same.
    SankyoFrameLights3.jpg

So would yours be the red upper lights in my first picture or the lights directly above the video display area in my third picture? I am willing to pursue further on in this adventure.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

3rd picture

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay I'll see if I can open up that area to see what is inside.

22. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quester, sounds like your light board is different than my set up. I have two small boards with two lamps each on either side of a seven segment display above the video screen.

SankyoFrameLights4.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

mine has same lights, but just one piece from side to side, no number in middle, just lots of little red lights, close to 20, and I think 3 are burned out, no worries, game still plays and its towards the bottom on minutes played, so it was a thought to fix it, but not a need, if it was a easy fix, I would try to fix, but it seems hard to fix, so I will just leave it the way it is, It was the second machine I purchased, and the bulbs have been out since, and no one has ever noticed but me

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Are they incandescent or LED? If LED, I wouldn't think it would be a problem to replace, but you'd probably have to replace them all to get the same brightness in all of them.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm interested in your led setup. What led did you use & what resister? I want to retrofit my whole Sankyo cell.