Thread: 1952 with ball lifter

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: 1952 with ball lifter

Ran out of editing time again. So to repeat everything I typed above...first 4 pics are the same thing. A piece of spring steel that has a peg on the end that works like the pawl on the Silver brand lifter to hold the weight of the balls in the tube. Four different pics under different lighting conditions to make sure one of them works....#4 is the best. Since the tray is held in place with finishing nails without a head, the tray leans outward, and balls get hung up behind the curved wall. It has to be held level with my non cranking hand, while holding the output of the tray/input to ball lifter in line. I can feel slippage when cranking...but balls do reach the top tray, as seen in the last pic.
    just reviewed the above pics...all 4 of the 1st pics were good enough to show the spring, just couldn't tell by thumbnails.
    I originally wanted to not restore, but keep all the patina of age. Since it must be totally disassembled to replace the cell, I am torn between keeping patina, and only replacing the cell, vs clean and shine everything while it is apart.
    Last edited by pachiwall; 09-01-2017 at 10:11 PM.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall