Thread: 2017 Sterns Star wars pinball!!

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default 2017 Sterns Star wars pinball!!

Another Star wars machine but Very streamline in electronics and stuff at $6,200 + for the pro version hummm

Here is the link for a owners look into the machine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63taAVzHesU

Here is the Sterns pinball Star wars Page

http://www.sternpinball.com/games/star/pro
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: 2017 Sterns Star wars pinball!!

Australian Pinball vendor / distributor cover the pro and cons of the Stern SAM and SPIKE controllers on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APszp0x6GYY
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I must be getting old! Its a pinball machine! There is way too much going on there. You would have to study the instructions for a half hr just to know what to try to do, and try to remember while playing. And the tie fighter mode...seems like, use both flippers to keep the ball in play...and rapidly tap the button in the middle to kill 50 tie fighters. With what...your forehead? Pinball was once fun, now more like work!
    Even as a kid, I watched the evolution of the game, and did not like "too much flashy". Of course it didn't help that games were 2 games for a quarter, 5 balls per game. Then 1 game per quarter, 5 balls. Then finally...1 game quarter...3 balls. Since they couldn't charge .50 cents for 1 game, 1 ball per game...they jacked the rear leg screws up so high that tha balls rocketed to the flippers so fast that your quarter lasted 30 seconds. I quickly lost interest in pinball as a kid.
    I would love to have an electro-mechanical pin some day. Simpler days...like vintage pachinko! And you know I LOVE the "antique" pachinkos! (you know, the '50s and earlier...not sure they are truly antique, but you know what I mean) That being said...does not apply to pinball machines. I don't care for most flipperless machines. Wood frame with wood legs...AND FLIPPERS! COOL! One of the exceptions is...I once saw a flipperless machine (unsure of theme), took nickles. As you likely know...pinball often was a gambling machine. Specific wins were logged as "free games", and you showed the "house" the # of free games to collect your prize. Or, show your winning combo before resetting. The one I'm remembering took nickles, and upon winning...it dispensed a nickle, or nickles according to the win behind a secret door!
    Oh the simpler days!
    Not to rain on anybodys parade...if you dig the newer machines, MORE POWER TO YOU! Just like modern VS vintage pachinko. Some love moderns, and don't get vintage...others love vintage, and hate moderns. Plus all those in between those extremes.
    Go for what you like!

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pachiwall, you must be a bit younger than me. When I started playing, they were 2 games for a quarter.

But I do agree. Artwork on the play fields, ramps, gimmicks, sounds, flashing lights. It's hard for me to keep track of where the ball is. Sensory overload. But then I guess you could say the same for modern pachinkos.

I have 3 pinballs, and old EM Gottlieb "300", a SS Firepower II, and a Allied Leisure Star Shooter cocktail. The FP2 is about as modern as I'd ever want to get.

The old electromechanical pinballs were designed to be set at a playfield angle of 3 to 4 degrees. Newer machines are set at 7, but I'm not sure if they were designed to be played that way, or the younger generation just wants everything to move that fast. I suspect the latter. When I got my FP2, the back legs were cranked up to the point where it was almost unplayable.

I don't mind being busy when I play, that's why I like my FP2 (multi ball), but I do want to be able to find the ball against the artwork. But as you say, to each his own.
    pachinkoparts.com - Home Page
    Definition: Racecar-a device that turns money into noise.

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to browne92

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When I started playing the "Pins" in the 1960's in Milwaukee, Wis it was only One Dime for a Game of Five Balls .

Now it's $2.00 Per Game of Three Balls and I have played the 1920-2016 tables and I do like the late 60's to Mid 90's pin's .I do have a Allied Leisure "Roy Clark , The Entertainer " cocktail pinball that needs a little work electronically to be 100% enjoyable .

The one Pinball table I Really, Really, really want is the William's "Blue Chip " http://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=325

9. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is the kind I like! With chimes like a doorbell, and wiper switches as opposed to electronic sounds with voices and computer circuits! simple and enjoyable. Plus if something goes wrong, you can likely fix it yourself. Now days, there is plenty of online sites to help!

11. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall