Thread: New Pachislo Owner - No Game Count Display and No Side Lights

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New Pachislo Owner - No Game Count Display and No Side Lights

Hi there - new Pachislo owner here. I recently picked up a Sammy Hyperremix cheap ($10) - http://www.sammy.co.jp/product/pachi...mix/index.html. It had an E1 error on it and no keys. Opened it up, reset the machine (it had a switch on the PS not a key), installed a new door lock and the game plays fine now. But I'm having four issues that I'm not sure are faults in the machine or something in the way I set it up or have used it thus far.

Problem 1: The side lights on the machine have never come on for all the plays I've put on the machine. I have seen the top light bar light up but never the side lights.

Problem 2: The special chance lighting board has also never come on in all the plays I've put on the machine thus far. I have tested all five bulbs have applied 28vdc directly to each socket and each lamp lights up so I know its not a burned out lamp.

Problem 3: The game almost never plays music or shows animations on the LED display during game play. Usually it is just sound effects when pressing the buttons (makes me think I'm not doing something.)

Problem 4: While the credits readout and credits won displays seem to work fine, the three digit game count display remains blank no matter what happens. I have won credits and played them as well as had the machine pay out tokens after a win but the game count display has never come on.

Are there schematics available for these machines somewhere? Do they have built-in diagnostics? It would be nice to have more info to troubleshoot these problems.

I do a lot of pinball repairs but this is my first Pachilso so any help is appreciated. Thank you.

viperrwk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Pachislo Owner - No Game Count Display and No Side Lights

OK - after watching this YT vid: https://youtu.be/jdsqjBRWDc0

and reading this post: http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...l=1#post475820

I'm guessing that my "problems" are simply related to the fact that I have yet to hit a bonus game with the machine. I will keep playing and see if everything eventually works.

viperrwk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Waving Hello and Welcome to PachiTalk!!

Wow that was a bargain!

I'm sorry I don't have that model but other members may be able to offer any specific advice when they read the thread.

It is normal for Pachislos to not have all their lights lit up unless you are in Bonus rounds etc,

As you are new to Pachislos, I'll give you this link to a PDF pachitalk/Manuals/Pachislots_Operation_Manual.pdf

which might be helpful for explaining some things as most pachislos operate in the same manner, of course you may already have this, but just in case

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

4. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you Angie -
    A little more play, got to a bonus round and everything lit up and worked as I would expect. All four of my issues are resolved.

I have had a couple of occasions now where the machine locked up - would not accept coins nor play credits on the machine. I've successfully solved the issue by power cycling the machine but wonder if this is indicative of some other potential problem.

As for my cost on this thing, it didn't come with keys so I needed a new door lock; the right side light lens was broken and needed to be replaced; and I invested in 500 tokens so all in with the cost of the machine I'm at $79. Not as much of a bargain but still pretty good and if I decide to sell shouldn't lose money on the deal.

Thanks again - all the best.

viperrwk

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to viperrwk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great news! I'm glad that your machine is working fine for you!

Usually the full 'hard reset' (it includes odds setting) will resolve most issues, I'd give that a try next time you encounter an issue and see it it resolves it

or perhaps one of our more technical members can help with some trouble shooting advice for you?

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...