Thread: Biohazard 6 slot shipped...this piece loose inside!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Biohazard 6 slot shipped...this piece loose inside!

Does anyone else have a more modern slot like this and can tell me where this little white piece goes?
    It looks like it 'snaps' into somewhere. I just opened the box (after shipping) and this was rattling around inside. Technically it was on the ground directly in front of the master key reset switch box.
    IMG_3165.JPGIMG_3162.JPGIMG_3161.JPG
    Also...is this plug in the upper right top side supposed to be attached somewhere? One end was completely unplugged and (like the little plastic piece) I can't seem to find a hole or place that it went.
    IMG_3166.jpg
    Finally,
    Does this little green cable (coming off of the "machine-end" of the power cord) need to attach somewhere before I plug it in?
    IMG_3163.JPG

Clover collectables did a great/amazing job packing this carefully (providing it works when I finally plug it in) but I have no idea what may have popped-off or become unplugged during shipping. So I am coming to you all!
    And I also certainly wouldn't want to plug a power cord in if I dont know where this little green "offshoot" goes to (or if it needs to be connected at all).

I wish they included some sort of 'idiot instructions' for dolts like me that explain if internal chords were meant to be left unplugged (knowing I would be checking after shipping) or telling me not to worry about leaving the power cord 'branch-off' unplugged because it is normal. LOL. It would also be nice to know how to set odds etc. Oh well it seems (so far) to have arrived safety and I give them all the credit in the world for that!!!

thanks guys!

I've sent them an email also so we will see what they say and I'll update!

PS: site admins, only like 1 out of every 6 photos I take with my phone actually will upload to this site...anything we can fix? I always upload directly from my phone now. It would be nice if that functionality was more seamless and efficient.
    Last edited by Calypso; 08-25-2017 at 12:31 AM.
    Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Biohazard 6 slot shipped...this piece loose inside!

You should probably change the plug to a US plug. The earth wire is meant be connected to the earth pin on a 3 pin plug. Here is some info..............https://dengarden.com/home-improveme...round-Wire-For

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Steve2000

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It looks like (in your article) that wire can be hooked up to a bolt or other metal
    source on the machine itself...Looking at the length of the earth or ground wire it wouldn't be able to reach a wall or anything else other than a bolt on the machine (or maybe they created a place specifically for this).

I own other units as well, none of which need this...but I am not sure if it is a requirement for these more modern slots or not.
    Calypso

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

The grounds are supposed to dissipate the static charge built up in the ball/token handling system. This really only becomes a problem in a parlor setting. Won't hurt if it's not connected, but never a bad idea to include grounds on anything you plug in.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That plug looks like the 3 prong adaptors that are made to plug a 3 prong plug into a 2 prong recepticle. The green wire at the plug end should be attached to the screw in that holds the wall plate of the socket it is plugged into. In other words: on the outlet you plan to plug it into...unscrew the wall plate screw about halfway. Put brass hook of the green wire under the screwhead and tighten. Plug 2 prong plug in. On the machine end, it is 3 wire grounded (hot, neutral and ground). On the plug end, it is a 2 prong plug (hot and neutral) with a ground wire. If you had a location of the house that only had a 2 prong outlet, you could still plug it in and ground it!
    The way outlets are made, the metal parts of the outlet is where everything is grounded. When you screw the green wire to the outlet plate screw...you are screwing it to ground. Of course this only works if the person who installed the 2 prong outlet wired it correctly.
    On the machine...the socket that the wire plugs into on the back. It looks like a standard computer cord. have you tried a 3 prong computer cord? If that works, then use a computer cord for 3 prong outlets, and the 2 prong/ground wire for older houses with 2 prong outlets.
    On the inside connectors that plug into nothing. I doubt that they are of any concern. Probably an option for the parlor. Like maybe they could "daisy chain" a few machines together and have competitions on them. Or maybe something as simple as to plug it into the "mainframe" of the parlors computer system so they can monitor the whole house from an air conditioned room that filters out all the cigarette smoke. It can probably safely be ignored.

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thumbs up Re: Biohazard 6 slot shipped...this piece loose inside!

Thanks guys! Clover responded! Super helpful! I will be adding his response below (with photos). And they packaged this item so well! It completely gave me confidence in their experience with handling and selling their products!

Hopefully it fires up! I'll be doing it when I get home!

This is how well it was packed! Double boxed, yards of tape and bubble wrap inside both! (Felt like a surgeon opening the thing up!)
    IMG_3156.JPG

Clovers reaponse to my email below:
    "The small white piece goes on the front of the coin hopper in the bottom of the machine (pictures show the location). And the green cord is just an extra ground and it does not have to be plugged into anything to play safely.

20170825_101900.jpg
    T
    hat other piece from an accessory attached to it before. You can just leave it there."
    Last edited by Calypso; 08-25-2017 at 12:15 PM.
    Calypso

10. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Calypso