Thread: Bomber Powerful E-8 error

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Bomber Powerful E-8 error

I recently acquired a Bomber Powerful Pachislo. Everything is in perfect working order with the exception of when the machine is first powered on. Regardless of if the machine is turned on using the power switch inside or just plugged into the wall, it immediately pops an "E-8" error code on the screen and requires a full reset. I have tried several things from turning it off and counting to 5 then powering back on to hooking it to a surge protector and shutting it down that way. All result in the "E-8" error. My assumption is some sort of boot up issue with the board. Any thoughts on a quick fix or an option for replacement parts?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Bomber Powerful E-8 error

I'm not sure, as I am more of a vintage pachinko guy...Just wanted to say:WELCOME to Pachitalk!
    I'm pretty sure that most of the error codes are the same...at least among brands. Some one will know what an E8 means. You should have a chart with a definition of what the codes mean...in Japanese. If push comes to shove, then take a pic of your chart...and maybe someone can translate it.
    And even if pics don't help troubleshoot...we love pics! (not the chart...just general "LOOK WHAT I GOT! type pics)
    With any luck, someone more pachislo savvy will be along soon!

3. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Waving hello and Welcome to PachiTalk!

I think Error codes can differ between manufacturers, think yours is a Sankyo?

I seem to recall E8 as perhaps being something to do with the capacitor not holding charge, for it's memory thing? Usually first occurring after a machine has not been played for some time. These machines are being used long after their anticipated life span, so I guess the problem is only noticeable to people like us and not really considered when they were designed.

The usual way to deal with this is just to do a Reset when you start them up again. I don't know if anyone bothers replacing capacitors?

I could be wrong though, and hopefully other members will chime in with their experiences and solutions

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I guess the memory backup supercap.

I have been thinking about it for a while now and I think they are only meant for short term power loss e.g maintenance on the machine, moving the machine to a different location, grid power loss (not sure if the parlours in Japan have backup generators for power loss?) I have replaced a dead one of mine with a larger capacity one and it is still only good for about two weeks before it loses memory. I have been toying with the idea of replacing mine with a backup battery like in a computer, they last for years. I would have to put in diodes to prevent the battery from being charged or maybe using a 3.6 volt? rechargeable battery but I have to do some more research into voltages. It makes it hard with the lack of technical information, schematics etc from the manufacturers. These machines are different to repairing pinball machines or arcade machines in that anything you need to know about them is out there. You just need to know where to look or who to ask. Pachislos are like a mystery box, very little information can be found in regards to repairs and technical information.
    Last edited by Steve2000; 08-24-2017 at 06:04 AM.

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Steve2000

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So, I am an aircraft mechanic by trade and I decided to ask some of my electronic counterparts about this issue. I shared the advice received in this forum with them and they suggested that it might be as simple as a lithium battery (similar to a watch battey) on the circuit board.

My question is, which board is the "main board"? Is it in the case with the power switch and reset key? Does anyone have any experience removing them?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Update: After inspecting the entire interior of the machine and turning it on and off and in and resetting and off again, ect... I found that a light is illuminating on a board located in the top right of the cabinet. The light goes out when the machine is reset and functioning properly. Photos attached
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JayRocks; 08-24-2017 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Add photos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Check out this post, I have a photo.

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...635#post551635

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Steve2000

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Steve2000 View Post
    Check out this post, I have a photo.

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...635#post551635
    With every machine being given uniquely built, how might I locate the faulty capacitor or correct board?

With the

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Steve2000, what's the best way to isolate the correct capacitor and the correct circuit board? Not going to lie, there's a lot going on in these machines

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Both of my machines have them on the front door. If I get a chance over the weekend I will take a photo of the Aristocrat Lucky Cats. This is the Mizuho Gold Treasure.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Can the game be easily reset and play normally? I'd rather flip a couple switches and push a couple buttons than mess with circuit board components. Have you tried turning the door key the other way (soft reset)?

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

16. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Compirate, yes everything functions after the reset. Unfortunately, the left key turn reset is not effective for this error code. I tend to agree with you on the risk verses reward of messing with the circuit boards. I will likely look for someone to trade machines with or just sell if I cannot find an easy remedy.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh by the way. The board you posted a picture of is a relay board to send signals out from the machine to the data counters and parlour equipment. The light (Probably) is indicating the relay for the error signal is active.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by JayRocks View Post
    Compirate, yes everything functions after the reset. Unfortunately, the left key turn reset is not effective for this error code. I tend to agree with you on the risk verses reward of messing with the circuit boards. I will likely look for someone to trade machines with or just sell if I cannot find an easy remedy.
    Gee you blokes give up easy. You buy a replacement supercap for 5 bucks (probably 99 cents over there), pull the circuit board out and replace the cap. Five minute job. If you aren't handy with electronics give it to one of your mates who is and he can do it for you.