So first off, great site! Tons of cool info and I'm clearly getting totally wrapped up in all of the technical information out there!

I have been following the work DaveRob has done on his dongle, and I have one of the earlier versions that came with my star wars pachinko. Great work! I was hoping to do some hacking as well to control the machine but with the translation language barrier and the lack of service manuals or really much at all I haven't had much luck. I have had my Indiana Jones machine for a number of years now and I have finally started to dig into this project again.

What I was really hoping was that I would be able to hack my standard dongle that turns on the shooter knob and have it dispense balls. That dream of simply grounding the BRDY and the BRQ to have the balls eject has proven to be more complex and judging by the posts here, quite a bit more involved.

So the question I have is, are these signals serial data signals and am I going to have to try to figure out protocols and signal details or is there something here that is a bit more straightforward that I am just missing?

Thanks all!