Thread: Street Fighter IV Pachinko + Ball Lifter + Leg Installation Help!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Street Fighter IV Pachinko + Ball Lifter + Leg Installation Help!

Hey all, sorry for the long title. I'm now the owner of a Street Fighter IV pachinko machine (I've always wanted one of these). So I've been browsing the forums and I need help determining how I'm going to set this up in order to play it on a small table/nightstand.

I went ahead and had a 1x4 pine board cut into two 12" pieces for the left and right legs. The first question is should I get a third piece cut as a "cross piece?" I'm seeing images of that in order to create space to mount the bulky, dome-shaped transformer.

I have one of the classic orange ball-lifters coming in the mail in two days, so if I need to mount that before the legs, I'd like to know that so I can hold off on doing anything yet.

I just need help knowing how to set this pachinko up for some headache-free fun on a small table. Thanks in advance!

20170815_074559.jpg20170815_074622.jpg20170815_074630.jpg20170815_074640.jpg

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Xenon64

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Street Fighter IV Pachinko + Ball Lifter + Leg Installation Help!

Oh, you were the one who got that at Otakon. The feet Clover used has a cross piece that attaches to the right and left legs on the ends so it looks like a giant "C". Then the back rests against that cross piece with the transformer hanging over it. The front will stay open for you to be able to slide a tray under it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If the cross piece were to be set up that way, wouldn't it block access to the back of the machine where I need to install/mount the ball lifter?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

With legs on the machine you will need to mount the back side (the side not slid under the machine to catch balls) of the ball lifter to a 3/4" thick piece of wood. If you use 1x4 the piece will be flush and butted against the bottom of the frame. It does not have to be anchored into the feet as a cross member. As a matter of fact, I prefer not to so I can just slide the lifter out and under another machine without having to unscrew anything. I have yet to have a problem with this setup, but now that I've typed it I am sure I will end up with a machine crashing to the floor in the near future.

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What are the chances I can see a picture of that setup?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello Xenon64 and welcome to the group

I haven't had a lifter set up yet but it does look like the transformer could be in the way for a lifter where balls exit the machine. I am curious if that transformer was used to demo the machine. Being 100 volt input (Japan standard) I wonder how it would do long term on the 110/120 US standard. I just haven't seen anyone in the US using one of those although it could be okay.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A thought about attaching legs if you use screws from the bottom side. You might want to counter sink them slightly so they don't scratch or gouge your stand as you slide the machine about in the future. Been there, done that!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I put pads on bottom of feet, little round ones you find at any hardware store, and I over do it a little, but machines slide alot easier, and it easier to slide machine compared to picking it up
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

11. The following user says "Thanks" to quester

Thanks
    Thanks Received

nice machine, looks like fun, I don't have a lifter, so I can tell you much, but if you need to move transformer, turn key to open whole frame, and it easy to get to screws, be careful, machine may tip towards front, best to do on floor and have weight against carpet or towel (turn key one way to open glass, the other way to open frame)
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by quester View Post
    turn key to open whole frame, and it easy to get to screws, be careful, machine may tip towards front
    Whenever I open a machine...for whatever reason, I will measure the distance from bottom of door to tabletop. Then I cut a piece of 2X2 to that length. Now whenever I open the door, I use the 2X2 to support the weight of the door. You still have to be careful not to bump it, and a 2X4 would be more sturdy...if you orient the 4" side to the arc that the door swings. If your cabinet is generous in depyh you can store it inside.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    I am curious if that transformer was used to demo the machine. Being 100 volt input (Japan standard) I wonder how it would do long term on the 110/120 US standard. I just haven't seen anyone in the US using one of those although it could be okay.
    I saw that and wondered if it was added on in Japan (due to the 100v), or actually part of the machine.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a ball lifter...but no square tube, so no practical experience using it. I saw ball lifters on eBay that were being sold with an extra tube, I messaged them to see if they had extra square lift tubes foe sale. They said yes...with shipping from Japan, it would cost $60.00! I decided to keep looking.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    I have a ball lifter...but no square tube, so no practical experience using it. I saw ball lifters on eBay that were being sold with an extra tube, I messaged them to see if they had extra square lift tubes foe sale. They said yes...with shipping from Japan, it would cost $60.00! I decided to keep looking.
    try your local tru value mine sell aluminum box tube that fits near factory.. little cut little grind and your good to go
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

17. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    try your local tru value mine sell aluminum box tube that fits near factory.. little cut little grind and your good to go
    I have looked at nearly everyone...except Tru Value. They are not far away, but in an area I never go to...I'll have to check with them. Literally everybody else has the exact same display, carring the exact same stock, probably sourced from the exact same supplier. I even checked local steel yards (Dayton used to be an industrial city...don't get me started!) still no luck. Considered using 1/2" copper pipe...pachinko ball, .433"...Copper pipe, .500". A bit big, but may work...not sure how much harder it would be for the motor to push the balls when they are stacked offset. Clearly the correct size tube would be better...time to visit Tru Value!

19. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What the hell is a ball lifter?

Does that automatically place balls back into the top (payout) area?

I am getting two machines soon (thanks to Mike) and really would like a cabinet but cant afford one now (nor will wife allow it). But I notice most hobbyists just have a funnel on top and dump like 8K balls in it that feed to the payout areas of their machines.

And I would like someone to PLEASE post photos of feet...I want something nicer than plain wood...Does anyone sell anything?

Or sell "made" cabinets?
    BTW Welcome Zenon! AWESOME MACHINE! Please Youtube a video (or post here) of start-up and gameplay!

What is OKATA? Some convention that I am unaware of?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Calypso; 08-18-2017 at 12:29 AM.
    Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

And to be clear I meant pachinko "Feet", please refrain from posting pics of your hangnails!

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso View Post

And I would like someone to PLEASE post photos of feet...I want something nicer than plain wood...Does anyone sell anything?
    Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso View Post

Does that automatically place balls back into the top (payout) area?!
    take a look at this.. you will get the idea

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...=silver+lifter
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

23. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    take a look at this.. you will get the idea

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...=silver+lifter
    I was going to post the ebay link...but at $430...whats the use? Here is a pic from the seller on ebay.

25. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon64 View Post
    I have one of the classic orange ball-lifters coming in the mail in two days, so if I need to mount that before the legs, I'd like to know that so I can hold off on doing anything yet.
    You should be able to screw the ball lifter directly to the legs. You won't need a cross piece to level everything up as the orange ball lifter only has two feet.

Each foot has a screw hole for mounting. The distance between the screw holes is 11 1/4" (285mm), but it's likely you'll need to have the lifter offset a little to one side from centre. So you might need to adjust the positioning of your wooden legs, and move the transformer so that it's right over to the shooter handle side of the machine.

27. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to daverob