Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1950's Ginza Help needed

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: 1950's Ginza Help needed

Thank you very much for your help. I think I will be able to figure this out in some time. I work construction so this is my ultra busy time of year.The machine needs much work but I like a challenge.I will post pics as it comes along

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Masmissian

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pics coming

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes.Good close-up pics of the see.saw area. Mine is missing the "moat" you speak of.
    With a good pic I might be able to fabricate my own

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes I have the frame.It is in equally bad shape so gluing and clamping bit by bit

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Masmissian View Post
    Yes.Good close-up pics of the see.saw area. Mine is missing the "moat" you speak of.
    With a good pic I might be able to fabricate my own
    Clearly not the correct term. I made it up because it surrounds the seesaw like a moat surrounds a castle. Would probably be difficult to make...especially fabricating from pics. More importantly, it is not really necessary. First of all, it only comes into play when 2 or more balls hit a jackpot at once...not often on a single shot machine. second, the tab on top of the seesaw will hold the ball in place until the seesaw is reset...might need a little adjustment. Good that you have the frame...not difficult to make, but even a bad one makes a good pattern.

8. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Masmissian

Thanks
    Thanks Received

PK those are helpful! Your seesaw is missing the tab that sticks up to hold the next JP ball back. It looked like a backwards "L", you can see the bottom of the "L" soldered to the top right.Actually it would direct the ball into the "jackpot reserve chamber" (I made that term up ), that would be one of the 2 oval windows viewed from the front. If you learn to rapid fire and get multiple jackpots, the missing tab redirects the balls into the JRC so that you don't lose your winnings...these are gambling machines, not for funsies!
    I don't know how I switched to italics...I pressed Ctrl instead of shift for a capitol letter...now I can't get it to shift back!
    When you notice that you didn't get your last 2 JP's...you will notice that there are 2 balls in the JRC. Notify the attendant, she would go behind the machine, reset the seesaw if necessary, and press this lever.
    This is on my Comicgo machine of the same era. I don't see anything that looks like a moat was ever around your seesaw, nor any nail holes for a plastic cover. Neither of my Ginzas have the above lever like yours and Comicgo. Maybe your Ginza is set up more like Comicgo! I also notice the all too common deteorating plastic in several areas in your pics. Comicgo would not function properly due to deteorated plastic. I made a replacement part from a Listerine bottle. OK...now I'm getting carried away! Starting to look like a story about Comicgo than Ginza! For Comicgo...you can see more pics here. http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...hlight=comicgo
    The 3rd large pic was to show the original damaged plastic before removal. It is also a good illustration of an anti cheat mechanism. A ball has to be traveling down the chute to release the hook to allow the bar to be pressed down ti complete the JP. You will notice that you can't press the bar down any time you want.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This image shows the lock lever activated by the pressure plate in the ball path desending from the hopper. It is holding up the measuring tray, preventing a JP when the hopper is running low. A low ball lockout. You need to put at least enough balls in to depress this lever to do any testing. If you put in only the minimum, the 1st JP ball will dump 15 balls from the measuring tray to fill the jackpot. Now 15 more balls will be needed to activate the pressure plate to unlock the measuring tray.
    It also shows me that you do not have an extension tube with a wingnut to lock it in place as a manualy extended ball dump. Your ball dump stop us up...in the open, or dump position. Yours has a link that automatically lifts an extension track to allow balls to reach the ball dump tube from the measuring tray. (I just keep making these terms up!)
    Once again...more like Comicgo than Ginza. I wonder if this is a way to date them...IE, manual extension tube, early model...automatic extension track, late model.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Was looking at your pics to see if there was anything to make it not work, I don't see anything that will obviously keep it from working...with the exception of not one single pachinko ball! Do you have any? If not, you will have to get some. Can't fix it if you can't test it. I did notice this piece of metal that looks like it is bent down.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Something went wrong, and I couldn't continue typing.
    Just above the lifting end of the press lever that lifts balls from the jackpot reserve chamber. Looks like it should be flat, and extend up to keep balls from popping out as they exit the sesaw. Someone probably bent it down to make an easy place to drop a ball to produce a jackpot.

13. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Once again I thank you for the wealth of information you have provided. There are some nail holes around the see saw you just can't see them in the picture.There are a couple other area's missing nails too. I also need to re-solder a couple of the rockers where they have broken off the posts.I am confident that I can restore it to working order and bring back at least some of it's former beauty.I will post pics along the way.Yes I have balls(haha). My journey into pachinko land has only just begun.I have 5 machines total and all came my way in the last six months.All were badly damaged and neglected.Something about these machines I really like and apparently I am not alone.Thanks again,your awesome

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Both of my Ginzas need some work...not gonna mess with them until after the eclipse! Test yours and post the results. Possibly some stiff or gummy linkages, or deteorating plastic preventing proper movement...but looks like it should work...or ALMOST work.
    Just in case you didn't know...the underlined part in post #27 is a link to me fixing Comicgo. Just right click on it. It almost worked, but needed a touch of the finger to complete the JP sequence. The crumbling plastic allowed the ball to sit off center on the lower payout arm. This ever so slight offset made the pressure of the ball lighter on the arm...preventing it from paying out. The winning ball also fell to the wayside once you helped it because the entire bottom part was missing. I fabricated the new part from a Listerine bottle to fix the missing bottom part...not knowing that it was the JP problem all along! Just shows how delicately balanced these "simple, but complex" these mechanisms are!

16. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2