Thread: Looking for Transformers Pachinko...FL area.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Post Looking for Transformers Pachinko...FL area.

Is anyone selling these closer to Florida?

There is one for sale online, but shipping is horrible. I have heard of more horror stories of them arriving broken than successful stories of them arriving in tact.

If anyone knows anything about vendors, please let me know. I know clover collectibles ships and their staff has been super nice to me when I have emailed them. I may have to take a trip up there to pick up two units as they offered me a great deal. But I was really looking for a transformers machine.

Furthermore, is anyone in the Florida area that can repair these machines if there is an issue?

I am certainly not tech savvy enough to fix one of these, or possibly know that it is even broken because I haven't had one before. So if one ever did arrive broken I would be out of luck.

Any help from anyone would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Looking for Transformers Pachinko...FL area.

The good part of dealing with Clover is they know their product compared to a private seller who may or may not. Plus I believe you can try out their machines to decide if it is what you want to buy. Your savings on the shipping charges might offset you transit costs and no damage by xxx delivery company would be priceless!

Sounds like it is time for a road trip

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Transformers is new, so it cost more and harder to find
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thumbs down Re: Looking for Transformers Pachinko...FL area.

Tell me about it. I just want it at a reasonable price though!
    I can't believe some of these new ones are selling for over $1000!!
    That's pure mark up.
    Just like buying a Louis Vuitton purse. You can't tell me that the fabric/material in their bags isn't similar to what other manufacturers use, and they charge 1/16th the price! It is all wood and plastic people!
    Oh well you can't fight capitalism! I might just have to wait.

how do you get your signature to show in the bottom of your posts? I set mine up a while ago but I'm not seeing it.
    Last edited by Calypso; 08-08-2017 at 11:45 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good point! @Petey
    *revs engine*

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    The good part of dealing with Clover is they know their product compared to a private seller who may or may not. Plus I believe you can try out their machines to decide if it is what you want to buy. Your savings on the shipping charges might offset you transit costs and no damage by xxx delivery company would be priceless!

Sounds like it is time for a road trip
    Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
    how do you get your signature to show in the bottom of your posts? I set mine up a while ago but I'm not seeing it.
    Top of screen, SETTINGS, then left side, EDIT SIGNATURE, then when you type a message, just below in grey on left side, CHECK the show your signature, there the 3 steps, caps only there to help make it easier
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

8. The following user says "Thanks" to quester

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks again quester!

How come my signature picture isn't showing?
    Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks again quester!

How come my signature picture isn't showing?
    I see your signature now, there wasn't one set when I checked last night

So are you saying there is something missing from it?

I've checked the settings again and it's showing the code as it displays in your posts above

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

11. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey hanabi!

Thanks for responding. When I go into the edit my signature tab on the profile, it allows me to insert an image that they call a signature image. It wouldn't take the first three images I tried to upload because they were too big but now it took the photo but I don't see it when I post my signature. Am I missing something?
    Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey hanabi!

Thanks for responding. When I go into the edit my signature tab on the profile, it allows me to insert an image that they call a signature image. It wouldn't take the first three images I tried to upload because they were too big but now it took the photo but I don't see it when I post my signature. Am I missing something?
    ok in the settings (and when i click your 'edit signature' box on your profile) I can only see the code for the nuke smileys and the Calypso wording,

it's been a few years since I made my sig and we've had software updates since then, but I don't recall ever uploading photos directly to a sig line? I would think it's [ IMG ] code to insert a link to wherever your photo / pic is hosted

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Mark up maybe. But you see the cost of shipping a single machine from Japan. Then that's probably cover half that cost.
    Ian #UKPachinko

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

True Clam
    But you know that these dealers are not just buying One machine. So they are saving some money because they're getting a better rate for shipping 10 to 20 instead of just one. I'm sure they get a really good deal on the price because they buy in bulk. Most collectors can't afford to have that type of purchase power.
    Also if that was the case how come they could sell a new unit like battle of Darth Vader for half the price and the Ghostbusters for over a grand? lol
    Listen, it is fine, I don't blame them because it's how they make money. Supply and demand and capitalism. I just think it's ironic sometimes and currently it is frustrating for me because I want a machine that they have really marked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Mark up maybe. But you see the cost of shipping a single machine from Japan. Then that's probably cover half that cost.
    Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just forgot to click the button "insert the picture"
    Tah-Daaaaah!

Quote Originally Posted by hanabi View Post
    ok in the settings (and when i click your 'edit signature' box on your profile) I can only see the code for the nuke smileys and the Calypso wording,

it's been a few years since I made my sig and we've had software updates since then, but I don't recall ever uploading photos directly to a sig line? I would think it's [ IMG ] code to insert a link to wherever your photo / pic is hosted

Calypso

19. The following user says "Thanks" to Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

True Clam
    But you know that these dealers are not just buying One machine. So they are saving some money because they're getting a better rate for shipping 10 to 20 instead of just one. I'm sure they get a really good deal on the price because they buy in bulk. Most collectors can't afford to have that type of purchase power.
    Also if that was the case how come they could sell a new unit like battle of Darth Vader for half the price and the Ghostbusters for over a grand? lol
    Listen, it is fine, I don't blame them because it's how they make money. Supply and demand and capitalism. I just think it's ironic sometimes and currently it is frustrating for me because I want a machine that they have really marked up.
    I seem to recall a short 18 months ago that the newest Vader machine was selling for $995. Yes it is all about supply and demand. If you are the only one selling a specific item then you set the price. As other sellers come into some of the same and/or the first sellers inventory is moving slowly, then prices come down. fast forward a year+ and there you go. In a dealers position one may give up some profit in one area and make up for it in another. There are a great many costs involved prior to any selling so I don't think any are out to score big. Perhaps to gain what they can and when they can though within reason. Working for a wholesaler myself I see this all the time.

You could score a great deal out of Japan but the risk of getting a bad sale is also very possible. I recently got a couple machines at half or less direct from Japan compared to stateside. I also got a couple cells that were questionable, one is still on the operating table now

If you can wait a bit longer then perhaps Clover will have a fall shipment set up and you can ask them to get what you want. Delivery around Christmas time perhaps?
    Last edited by Peteybob; 08-09-2017 at 04:01 PM.

21. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Clover has been awesome! No complaints with them!
    just ranting a bit...your right, agree 100%. I'd love to chat about your buying experience wholesale. If I can pm you my phone would you consider calling?

I seem to recall a short 18 months ago that the newest Vader machine was selling for $995. Yes it is all about supply and demand. If you are the only one selling a specific item then you set the price. As other sellers come into some of the same and/or the first sellers inventory is moving slowly, then prices come down. fast forward a year+ and there you go. In a dealers position one may give up some profit in one area and make up for it in another. There are a great many costs involved prior to any selling so I don't think any are out to score big. Perhaps to gain what they can and when they can though within reason. Working for a wholesaler myself I see this all the time.

You could score a great deal out of Japan but the risk of getting a bad sale is also very possible. I recently got a couple machines at half or less direct from Japan compared to stateside. I also got a couple cells that were questionable, one is still on the operating table now

If you can wait a bit longer then perhaps Clover will have a fall shipment set up and you can ask them to get what you want. Delivery around Christmas time perhaps?
    Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Clover has been awesome! No complaints with them!
    just ranting a bit...your right, agree 100%. I'd love to chat about your buying experience wholesale. If I can pm you my phone would you consider calling?
    Sorry about any confusion, I don't do any wholesale buying, rather I work for a wholesale company. I've been leading a receiving crew for an international office supply company in the Michigan distribution center. (insert a smiley driving a forklift) I've seen many a deal happen over the decades.

But yes I am always open to a chat and to put a voice with an avatar

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry about any confusion, I don't do any wholesale buying, rather I work for a wholesale company. I've been leading a receiving crew for an international office supply company in the Michigan distribution center. (insert a smiley driving a forklift) I've seen many a deal happen over the decades.

But yes I am always open to a chat and to put a voice with an avatar
    Imagine a cross between Vincent Price and the Macho Man...
    Calypso

25. The following user says "Thanks" to Calypso