Thread: New member & vintage owner of Nishijin Model C. Identification help?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New member & vintage owner of Nishijin Model C. Identification help?

Hello all,

When I was around 7 years old in the mid-1980's a friend had a vintage pachinko machine in the garage but no balls. I was fascinated by it but had never played it. Fast forward ~30 years and I came across one while looking for vintage arcade PCBs about a month ago, and that had me hooked to find one. Doing a little research and browsing of Craigslist and eBay the past few weeks, I came across an estate sale last night with a blurry picture of a pachinko that I couldn't identify, other than it being a Nishijin Model C with "Butterfly & Horses" playfield. Tracking down that playfield last night pointed me to a 1978 manufacture date, but still no site could tell me what the center attraction is called.

When I stopped by to take a look today, it seemed it was mechanically in good shape, no rust/pitting, and original wiring in place. Dropped a ball in each of the tulips and jackpot - it's all good to go. Wiring looks to be original Japanese with no connection for battery/input. Also came with the original owner's manual and a small box of a couple hundred balls. Only real downside that I can see is there's some slight water staining around nearly all the brass nails, and my guess is someone used some form of liquid cleaner on them as they're nice and shiny even though it's obvious this thing has never been restored. Does anyone know what this center attraction is called? It's mostly red and looks to have some form of curtains, like a theater, around the bottom left and right sides.. thanks in advance for any help!

nishijin_model_c_1978.jpg

2. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to codeX