Thread: New here been trying to fix this thing, could use some help.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New here been trying to fix this thing, could use some help.

here are some pics http://imgur.com/F05Tjmj http://imgur.com/wsk7Kvu http://imgur.com/atWJ7XN http://imgur.com/T4nq7HZ

The credit meter does not change from zero you can put a coin in when it says to insert it and still play. problem is you cant see how many credits you have i was messing around with it and got it to work for a minute then i had to turn it off and leave. i came back turned it back on, same way it was before it just shows zero. i can post more pics if needed, i really just want to know what those two red buttons are for above the odds button and they dont do anything to the volume that i could tell.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New here been trying to fix this thing, could use some help.

Does the display show 00 or -- ? Does it spin for 1 or 2 tokens...or do you have to insert 3 ? Older machines will play center line for 1, center, and diagonals for 2, or all 3 horizontals and diagonals for 3 (max bet). Newer machines are "max bet" only, will only play with 3 tokens, then pay on 5 lines. 1 token usually lights a light to the left of the reels, 2nd token will generally light one above it, finally 3rd token lights a light below it. All the while the credit display shows 00. Once a 4th token is added, the credit display now shows 1...and so on as tokens are added, up to 50 credits (plus the 3 shown by the 3 lights to the left of the reels), any additional tokens after 50 credits go to the reward tray without registering. That description was for credit mode, identified by credit display showing 00. When credit display shows --, then machine is in "cash" mode. I'm sure there is a different name for it, as they don't use cash! When in cash mode, an older machine will spin for 1, 2, or 3 tokens. "Max bet only" machines won't spin for 1 or 2 tokens, only for 3. Any token after the 3rd one will fall through to the payout tray on older , or max bet machines. Machines can toggle between cash mode, or credit mode by holding the credit dump button in for about 3 seconds.
    If the switch labeled volume is in fact a volume switch, i will have little effect on volume. Most are close to worthless, usually having 3 positions...LOUD, EXTREMELY LOUD, and EARSPLITTINLOUDENBOOMER! Are there 2 similar switches on the power supply? There is typically 2 switches that are parlor switches that have something to do with needing to do a reset after a big bonus, and dumping tokens into payout tray after a big bonus. These are usually on the power supply, but I have a LUCKY CHERRY machine that has them mounted on one of the other boards in the machine.
    Most importantly...WELCOME TO PACHITALK!

3. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looking at your pics again...for the 1st 3 tokens, the lights to the left of the display are labeled 1 medal, 2 medals, 3 medals. The credit dump button is the red button to the left of the spin knob. You say you can insert a coin and play...so your machine would not be a max bet. Does the "1 medal" light to the left of the reels light up? If so, and if you add a 2nd coin...does the "2 medals" light come on? Finally the "3 medals" light for the 3rd coin...all additional coins fall through if in "cash mode", in which case the credit display would read "--". Looks like the power is off in your pics, because all displays are blank...at least I hope the power is off.

5. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes it shows the 00 not -- it spins for 1 2 and 3 tokens any amount will work. No there is only 1 switch on the power supply you can see it in the 3rd pic thats the only switch it has. At one point i was messing with those switches yesterday then i put a coin in and it registered 1 credit so i put 2 in and it registered 2 and so on. after that i turned it off and back on and the credit was reset to 00 and i could put a coin in and nothing would show up on the credit display. the cash mode button makes the display show nothing or 00 thats it. its taking the coins and showing the lights on the side next to the reels when i put them in. what really puzzles me is that if i play and win some it shows what i win in the credit display as well as the pay display, so i know it works. i hope i answered all your questions.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    Looking at your pics again...for the 1st 3 tokens, the lights to the left of the display are labeled 1 medal, 2 medals, 3 medals. The credit dump button is the red button to the left of the spin knob. You say you can insert a coin and play...so your machine would not be a max bet. Does the "1 medal" light to the left of the reels light up? If so, and if you add a 2nd coin...does the "2 medals" light come on? Finally the "3 medals" light for the 3rd coin...all additional coins fall through if in "cash mode", in which case the credit display would read "--". Looks like the power is off in your pics, because all displays are blank...at least I hope the power is off.
    yea all the medal light light up correctly per coin and i can put more than 3 and it takes them just does not show up in the credit counter. Yes the power is off lol.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Something is not right if credits don't show. I went through that long description in case you weren't sure what was supposed to happen. I'm no electronics whiz...so if it is a real problem, I'm not your man. That being said...often problems arise from bad connections. With power off, try unplugging and reseating all connections. Probably not a bad idea to look at each one to make sure no pins are bent, and no corrosion on the contacts. They say don't blow on connections because of moisture and spittle from your breath. If you have to blow lint or debris out, then a can of air is great. You would be surprised how many times this simple procedure has fixed machines!

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall