Thread: Question on marushin single shot

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Question on marushin single shot

A friend picked up this beauty for me and I'm around to fixing and cleaning but I have no idea what the lever by the load hole does ? I see the "window" on the playfield and inside I can see a lever cover a hole when you turn the lever in question... But am at a loss ? Lever is 2nd pic. Window is 3rd

Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to Gmwd

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Question on marushin single shot

Nice machine! I can't make out the details in the pictures; is it possible that the lever deactivates the jackpot function?

4. The following user says "Thanks" to hkp

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the lever is for a dbl shot..

on early single shots the machine has a capture slot.. if two balls enter a winning pocket at the same time the second ball lands in the holding area... the lever will lift the ball or balls from the holding are to the jackpot pay out..

seem like there are some machines that will return the ball back to the player to be shot again instead of paying out.. (this may not be right)

my single shot places the ball in the jackpot mech for payout...
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

6. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

20170703_234112.jpgOk ! So single shot can shoot two at a time for a chance to store a ball! Very cool. I was able to manually guide a few balls through the hole and mine as well pays a jackpot. Question is my picture missing something that aids the balls into that window ? Seems i can push them in there but if i drop 2 at once in the pockets they dont find their way back into the window if that makes sense

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As you may know, the seesaw must be in the up position to pay out. If you are loading and shooting rapidly...and hit 2 jackpots, the seesaw willbe down for one of the balls. It then goes into the jackpot reserve chamber. Not sure of it's real name so I made that one up. If the seesaw is down for any reason all jackpot balls...up to about 5, will go to the jackpot reserve chamber. This way, in a parlor...when money is on the line, if the machine malfunctions and the seesaw is stuck in the down position...the customer will still get credit for jackpots won during the malfunction. Obviously the player would not know the seesaw was down until you get a jackpot...and no balls payout. They would be able to summon an attendant to reset the seesaw and then press the lever to get the jackpot they won. Of course the player probably did not know what a seesaw was...they just knew they didn't get a payout.
    These devices are quite unusual. I have several machines with them. Not all of them make sense. One machine has no way I can find for a ball to enter...but has a lever that operates an elevator to lift the ball to the seesaw. My Comicgo has a lever on the back of the machine, so only the attendent can activate the jackpot after reset. And a very early Ginza that has no mechanism at all, but a fake reserve chamber with no way in or out.
    They rarely are needed. So, on the machines that function correctly...I like to manually set the seesaw in the down position, and drop 5 balls into a payout pocket. This fills the jackpot reserve chamber up. Now you can play as usual...when you run out of balls, flip the lever and you will get 15 more balls to play!

9. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice machine! I like how much metal it has on the back. This was clearly made when plastic was starting to take over.
    The trick mentioned earlier would require you to take off the seesaw cover...so maybe drop 2 or more balls into a payout pocket at once to overload the seesaw to load the jackpot reserve chamber.

11. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you pachiwall and mopar! Its my first single shot and I am officially hooked on them lol! I've. Got it up and working correctly, going to get it all cleaned up and added to the garage bar ! Very many thanks to both of you !

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Gmwd

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I somehow missed post #4. I don't see anything obviously missing...but seems all jackpot reserves are different. My guess is the tab on top of the seesaw that blocks the ball from rolling over the top of the seesaw when it is down. It is probably bent. It should be shaped to direct the ball into the hole. Slightly misshapen could prevent it from working.
    Sounds like you figured it out...whatever it was. Single ball machines are very cool! Techniques for rapid fire...like ahandfull of balls in the left hand, feeding while flipping with the right hand. The spring is usuzlly strong enough to shoot two balls, or some added "oomph" with your finger will shoot three.
    I have enough machines at this point...but I still keep my eye open for single ball (single shot) machines. Plenty of variety, and way cool!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Pachiwall, I came up with the same thought on the tab. I tweaked it in slightly and now if I drop 2 balls and they roll "just right" togather it will load that window. I think I'll do what you do and manually load them . For now I think I'll call her done. Picture of it "mostly" cleaned up in a few

Thanks
    Thanks Received

17. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Gmwd

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The play field is outstanding for a single shot that old!

It's got to be worth $22,000 on eBay...
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...52181-22-000-!

19. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

LOL I'll bring it back to you all cleaned up to your door for 12k steal of a deal! bahahahah. I am shocked how clean the playfield is. I got it all cleaned up and cannot find one waterstain.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The large metal pocket in the bottom center looks unusual. Can you post a good pic of it?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I cant upload because the picture is to big for the 800x600 requirement now and my phone doesnt go that size lol

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very cool machine. I love the 50's and 60's single shot. They had the best backgrounds and designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmwd View Post
    I cant upload because the picture is to big for the 800x600 requirement now and my phone doesnt go that size lol
    Not sure if I should give up this secret....
    Spoiler

100 machines and counting...

24. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman