Thread: Aruze BMax CE Error

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Aruze BMax CE Error

I am working on an Aruze pachislo machine. It has a CE Error on boot.

I believe this in a coin mech error. Machine sat in a garage for a while and not sure how to get the coin mechanism working again. Tried cleaning some components on the coin mech and still not working.

If there are any tips to check the components or where to get a working coin mech please let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following user says "Thanks" to matt7541

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Aruze BMax CE Error

Hello Matt and welcome to the group

While the two links below don't apply directly to your model, there could be something with a good outcome for you. Have you tried a full or hard reset? The first link has two write ups about how to do this in entries #2 and #9. The second link shows some of the functions on the coin mech that you can compare to yours in entry #8.

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...pachislo+reset
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...pachislo+reset

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

more of a Pachinko kinda guy.. but wanted to say

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great info. I tried the hard reset and it did change the CE Error.

I would like to replace the sensor unit with 2 sensors. Any idea what kind of sensors are they?

Attached Images Attached Images

7. The following user says "Thanks" to matt7541

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Are you thinking that the sensors are bad on that unit? If so, I'm sorry that I do not know what type they are or where to get them. Hopefully others with such knowledge will be along in the coming days.

If you are not sure if they are bad then here is something of a test you can try from an older post.

“On optos, the part that usually goes out is the LED itself, you can usually take a digital camera or video camera and look at the LEDs when they are powered on and see if they glow as Infrared LEDs can be seen with most cameras now a days. Try this by shining you TV remote control into a camera and push a button and you should see a pulsing light.” (I don't know where this originated so I can't offer credit to the creator)

I tried this with a few remotes and had steady lights. I did the same with my Aruze coin mech using my tablet camera. I removed the mech from the holder but left it plugged into the machine. With the U shaped cover removed I flipped up the spring loaded flap over the coin path to expose the sensors that you have out of the housing. Powering up the machine and looking thru the camera shows two sensor lights working. (see picture below) Now could there be another aspect of the sensor that could fail? I don't know.

Aruze CoinMech d.jpg

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My understanding of a "CE",(coin error), error code is that the token isn't passing by the sensor quick enough. If the sensor was bad, the error code would be "CR",(coin reading).

I would try cleaning the track that the token rides on with rubbing alcohol. Then spray some furniture polish on a cloth and wipe down the track and any part of the coin mechanism that the token touches or rides against. The furniture polish will make the mechanism parts slick. Also, dirty/sticky tokens can cause this problem.

The tokens should "fly through" the coin mechanism.
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

11. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Matt, just wondering if you ever got your coin mechanism sorted out? If not and you are looking for a replacement, I now have a spare M-2 that works well in my Aruze machine.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by matt7541 View Post
    Great info. I tried the hard reset and it did change the CE Error.

I would like to replace the sensor unit with 2 sensors. Any idea what kind of sensors are they?

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I checked and the optos are lighting up when looking through my camera. I guess those sensors are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    Are you thinking that the sensors are bad on that unit? If so, I'm sorry that I do not know what type they are or where to get them. Hopefully others with such knowledge will be along in the coming days.

If you are not sure if they are bad then here is something of a test you can try from an older post.

“On optos, the part that usually goes out is the LED itself, you can usually take a digital camera or video camera and look at the LEDs when they are powered on and see if they glow as Infrared LEDs can be seen with most cameras now a days. Try this by shining you TV remote control into a camera and push a button and you should see a pulsing light.” (I don't know where this originated so I can't offer credit to the creator)

I tried this with a few remotes and had steady lights. I did the same with my Aruze coin mech using my tablet camera. I removed the mech from the holder but left it plugged into the machine. With the U shaped cover removed I flipped up the spring loaded flap over the coin path to expose the sensors that you have out of the housing. Powering up the machine and looking thru the camera shows two sensor lights working. (see picture below) Now could there be another aspect of the sensor that could fail? I don't know.

Aruze CoinMech d.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The machine won't even start up so that makes me think one of the sensors is no good on boot. Not sure which one though. Would cleaning make that much of a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne-Ooo View Post
    My understanding of a "CE",(coin error), error code is that the token isn't passing by the sensor quick enough. If the sensor was bad, the error code would be "CR",(coin reading).

I would try cleaning the track that the token rides on with rubbing alcohol. Then spray some furniture polish on a cloth and wipe down the track and any part of the coin mechanism that the token touches or rides against. The furniture polish will make the mechanism parts slick. Also, dirty/sticky tokens can cause this problem.

The tokens should "fly through" the coin mechanism.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A coin mech is on the way

17. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Coin mech switched with a known working coin mech. Machine will still not boot. Any ideas?