Thread: Pachinko Questionanaire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Exclamation Pachinko Questionanaire

Helllo Everyone,

I have recently been contacted by someone from Japan, who works in the Pachinko industry, (or claims to anyway)
    and they asked me to fill in this questionnaire,

I thought i would share it with you all as well in case any of you would also like to take part.
    i have posted the 9 questions as they were given to me.

if its easier you can just number your reply based on the question number.

Thanks in advance to all those that take part.

1)What is Your first contact about Japanese Pachinko?

2)How did you know it?

3)What was the reason Japanese modern Pachinko attract you?

4)((If you have Pachinko machine))
    Please tell me the story about why you bought self Pachinko machine
    And this Process

5) could you tell me lightly how friends/acquaitances Know about Japanese modern Pachinko

6)Does Japanese Pachinko widelylrecognized? What can we do about spreading Japanese Pachinko

7)If you have a chance be bale to buy the NEW Favorites machine, do you buy it?

8)What is the Most popular machine in your recognition?

9)THE LAST,please tell me your Favorite Pachinko Machin

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Sid

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachinko Questionanaire

1. 1977 got my 1st real Pachinko machine "Royal" "Castle"

2. Just loved the look of it

3. up until 2016 I loved most of the Modern machines Too much stuff going on now .

4. I just love the look , sounds ,and lights of both Vintage and Modern Pachinko machines .Ebay purchase and U.S. of A. vendor purchase

5. Pachitalk.com

6. Help us get more "Pachinko World " Parlors in the United States of America .

7. If the cost is wasn't too high like over $ 1,000.00 usd is too much

8. "Enter The Matrix" and "Cutie Honey"

9. CR Ferrari
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

4. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

1) June 2010, Found an odd advert for Japanese Pinball machine on ebay. The price was good so I brought it.

2) Never really seen one before execpt for in the film Shimotsuma Monogatari.

3) Smaller than a standard pinball machine, easy to wall mount. The lights and sounds, Also the fun themes.

4) All the machines I have at the moment are because I liked the themes. Either anime (Maison Ikkoku, Lupin III) Cute (Minisuka Police2, 南国育ち) Japanese themed (Hot springs trip, Densha de Go!2) or just fun to play (AKB48, New Weather Studio)
    All these were brought through YahooJapan auctions. Using a deputy bidding services. Most resellers do not want to get involved with international customers and shipping. Not even for simple things like balls, data counters, promo items.

5) Playing with my machines, Seeing the PV videos on youtube I send to them.

6) I think attention span is much shorter here (UK) than in Japan, People don't want to site for an hour or more shooting. Waiting to hit a big streak. More smaller jackpots more often would be better. Then people can either play on with their winnings to try and win more, or cash up and move on (I had to spend years watching people play fruit/slot machines) But here slot machines are found in most pubs, rented. With a set rent fee each week, and the profits going to the pub.
    As to spreading the word. There are plenty of anime conventions and Japanese Expos that that people attend, A small stand with ability to try machines for free, just so people get to see them and find out what its all about. I lent 3 of my machines to a fashion designer for London fashion week a few years ago and they were on display in a shop window in London Carnaby street for a week and proved to be very popular. But only as decoration rather than to play.

7) I have my eye on a few machines already. I want to buy, but the problem is cost. Yes the machines to buy in Japan are a great price, But shipping them to the UK is very expensive. Then import duty and tax at 20%

8) Everyone loves the original Cutie Honey, Other US film titles Like the Matrix and Star Wars are also popular. For the train fans . Densha de go is popular. But at the moment Girls und Panzer seems to be the popular choice.

9) Still my favourite I own is the original Maison Ikkoku by Heiwa. I love the music and the light shows during bonuses. I prefer the artwork to the later versions as it seems to me more in keeping with the original anime and manga. Plus it is a great story
    Ian #UKPachinko

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

1) In 2010 at Anime Fest Dallas, I played a vendor's Eva 3 machine for the first time. Was hooked afterwards.

2) Had seen them before in movies/shows/anime/manga. One that comes to mind is the manga version of YuYu Hakusho, where the first thing 14 year old Yusuke does after being brought back to life is hit up the local pachinko parlor and smoke a pack of cigs hahaha.

3) The theme of the machine (I usually go after machines based off of anime I like), the lights, and especially if there's any animatronics is really exciting for me. It seems a lot of newer machines might be having a li'l too much going on, though...

4) I've bought most of my pachinko through vendors who basically specialize in pachinko (Custom Pachi back in the day)/independent distributors here in the US.

5) Everyone irl who knows me knows about pachinko. I've told a lot of my online friends about it as well. Also, I kinda do pachinko-focused booths at cons here in Texas (my big one being San Japan, where last year, I set up 9 of my machines)

6) I think after all the confusion about the pachislos Konami was licensing based on their IPs (e.g. Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid) that people online confused for pachinko machines and the outcry that resulted, a lot of people might know what pachinko are now hahaha.

7) Yeah, if someone can hook me up with the 2017 Cutie Honey pachi, I'm down to clown. Let's go.

8) My Cowboy Bebop and Persona 4 machines were the most popular machines I had at SJ last year. I think an ol' favourite I have now is 2005 Cutie Honey.

9) I'm honestly caught up between Persona 4 and Cutie Honey. I love 'em both so much. My Ace Attorney one is one I've been slowly working on (I got a pinball around the same time, so I've been so caught up in the machine that I've been neglecting that machine 1: )
    俺はデブの戦士、キューティージョニーさ!

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to kurumilover2003

Thanks
    Thanks Received

1)What is Your first contact about Japanese Pachinko?
    In the late 70's my Father had two vintage machines in the basement/game room

2)How did you know it?
    fun to play, easy to play. fun for all ages

3)What was the reason Japanese modern Pachinko attract you?
    the lights bells and video screens

4)((If you have Pachinko machine)) Please tell me the story about why you bought self Pachinko machine And this Process
    my first machines was to help a friend pay his rent.. i wanted the two machine he had.. still have them now 25 years later
    fond memories as a child playing my Dads

5) could you tell me lightly how friends/acquaintances Know about Japanese modern Pachinko
    like myself seen them and played them as a kid..

6)Does Japanese Pachinko widely l recognized? What can we do about spreading Japanese Pachinko
    create machines that are in English or have an English option

7)If you have a chance be bale to buy the NEW Favorites machine, do you buy it?
    English / American themes

8)What is the Most popular machine in your recognition?
    Movie themed machines

9)THE LAST,please tell me your Favorite Pachinko Machine
    Arrangeball / Challenge ball machines / coin opperated
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances