Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gladiator 9-drum Pachinko Help?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Gladiator 9-drum Pachinko Help?

Hello, just recently aquired a GlCadiator 9-drum pachinko and I have a few concerns.
    Instead of typing it out and hoping you can understand what i am asking about, i posted a video on youtube.
    Its set to unlisted on youtube for personal security reasons but here is the link for the video.
    http://youtu.be/aeKalk3wOkc
    also I have taken some pictures, one is of a latch(?) of sorts, and the other is the backside where the reward area is in orange plastic.
    GOPR0260.jpg

GOPR0262.jpg

any help is appreciated

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Gattacker

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Gladiator 9-drum Pachinko Help?

A couple thoughts for you but first thank you for the video to show us what is not happening.

With the machine powered up and idle I see a smaller light that stays on half way up the front right side. While I don't have this model frame that light is indicating a fault. My first thought is that it is for when the rear hopper runs low on payout balls. Being that you have the hopper loaded up somewhat then I would look for a micro switch that triggers that fault. It is often around the hole in the hopper feeding the balls into the tracks. I have one model that it is a part of the hopper and others that look like they are built into the beginning of the ball tracks. If you can find this then check it for debris and see if you can manually move it carefully.

Do you see any kind of tiny LED display on the back that has a number like 1 to 7? These are also error codes for different parts. If you see a dash "-" then all is good there.

I'd say start with those two areas and see what you come up with. Debris is so often what stops the balls in the tracks or the payout system motor. You could also very carefully tip the machine over to empty out the balls. There is an item called a ball bump mechanism usually along the right side on the back. Some pictures of the rear upper and lower right side quarters could help too. Let us know how things progress.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

error indicators are individual leds. there is no digit display. i know that there is no obstruction in the payout track, flow is normal when it dumps. after the reels stop i can breifly hear a motor.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My only other thought then goes back to the light that is on in front throughout the video. It is telling the machine something like the hopper being empty and it will halt the payout system. I had this exact problem on my older Sankyo machine. The micro switch was gummed up and not working correctly so the system stopped paying out even with a full hopper. I am stumped if this isn't the problem but others will be along.

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Something else to check is the payout mech where it sorts out the number of balls from a win pocket(3,7,15,etc.). I've seen some that get gummed up and don't cycle the balls down to the payout motor.
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to naha13

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks like Q-Tips and 91% alcohol and payout mech has to be carefully taken apart and cleaned then put back together correctly . Take a whole bunch of photos before you dissasemble the payout and make sure that the screws and fasteners get put back in the right order.

Later tonight I will get my 9 drum out of storage and fired up and maybe do some HD videos on the back and payout workings.

Play Well
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

11. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by takethecastle57 View Post
    Looks like Q-Tips and 91% alcohol and payout mech has to be carefully taken apart and cleaned then put back together correctly . Take a whole bunch of photos before you dissasemble the payout and make sure that the screws and fasteners get put back in the right order.

Later tonight I will get my 9 drum out of storage and fired up and maybe do some HD videos on the back and payout workings.

Play Well

any help would be appreciative. When i tested the machine from the seller, i dont think it payed out at all. I will take a look later this afternoon to see if i can find any visible obstructions.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

It is possible for debris to work its way down through the ball channels to the payout motor and cause obstructions. Removing the payout assembly would help to

A) confirm balls are free to travel all the way to the motor.
    B) check tbe payout assembly turns freely when disconnected from the machine
    Ian #UKPachinko

14. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

looks like I'm going to have "fun" next weekend taking the machine apart... wow im so nervous, but excited too. Guess im going to get some useage out of the GoPro.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't know how to take apart machine, but I do know junk get stuck in them, unplug machine and turn upside down, maybe its a screw jammed in it, also with top full of balls, drain them, it might help, there is 2 rows of payout balls, make sure both have a line of balls, just take a close look, you might see your problem, also on machines in this time frame, there a piece that blocks path, make sure its not pushed down (I just remove it, due to having problem before)

When ever ball goes in pocket, it will go to back of machine

Good Luck
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Every time I move any of my machines, I make a habit of dumping the reward hoppers, they dump perfectly fine. the others pay out when applicable, however, this one doesn't and it has me concerned.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry I got caught up in an important matter . Sunday I will look at mine and do some video's
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

in picture 2, on your first post, under white sticker, in the orange area, there are things that move there, one of them blocks path to payout motor, is it down? if it is, that is your problem
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

20. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to quester

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by quester View Post
    in picture 2, on your first post, under white sticker, in the orange area, there are things that move there, one of them blocks path to payout motor, is it down? if it is, that is your problem
    I think you are talking about that "Switch" when I move it to the right, both flaps come up, it also causes the reward hopper to dump, are you saying that second flap leads to the reward mech?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Howdy

Well I got my 9 Drum out and checked out and played it a bunch of times and here's what I found out about my 9 Drum

1. Both "Flaps" have to be Down And the little lever on the right has to lock to the Left.

2. Top Ball tray in back has to be full.
    3. My Payout path is clean

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by takethecastle57; 06-12-2017 at 02:15 AM.

23. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just a quick thought since I actually had an issue like this a few years ago with my CR Nadesico: I was able to dump the balls just fine, but was not getting payouts and my machine was flashing error lights at me. It turned out a paperclip had gotten lodged right at the motor that despenses the balls to payout to the front of the machine since the hopper tube splits. So they could still dump, but it couldn't pay, so it still might somehow be a block for you s: Hope you get all things figured out soon though!
    俺はデブの戦士、キューティージョニーさ!

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Didn't come from Microsoft I hope
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

**Update** I managed to extract the Payout Mechanism from the pachinko machine. This is clearly the cause of the payout issues. but now I am wondering if the payout mechanism is not getting instruction of if it is a mechanical issue.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Angry Re: Gladiator 9-drum Pachinko Help?

**another update** Just put the payout mech back into the machine, there is no change.... I am getting frustrated.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Have you cleaned the little switch under to top rear ball hopper because I notice in your youtube video that you have a light on on the right side of the playfield that should not be on if your top hopper is full of balls .

Dump All the balls from the back and check the top ball hopper microswitch under the levers under the tray and it might need a q-tip with alcohol cleaning cause it could be stuck and not closing when you have balls in the top tray.

If the lamp is still on

29. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast