Thread: Who lives in Tennessee?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Who lives in Tennessee?

I know there are several members here from the state and several have posted some really nice pictures. My wife and I have begun the process of looking for a new home and given the political climate in CA, the outrageous taxes, the looming debt and the persistent taking away of freedoms, we are suddenly looking out of state.

If you're familiar with the state, or even some of the surrounding states, tell me of some nice rural towns where I might consider looking. We've never been east of Utah as far as road trips are concerned.
    A Hardy har har...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Who lives in Tennessee?

sorry to see ya go.. though im not surprised to read this
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

While I am not familiar with Tennessee I do know that we offer two beautiful peninsulas to choose from in Michigan Northern lower Michigan has many quaint towns which I enjoyed traveling thru yesterday to pick up a new toy. The UP or upper peninsula has much to offer as well and great for the outdoors from camping, fishing, hunting, etc. There are many laid back communities above the 45th parallel like my destination of Bellaire MI. There is a lot of shoreline as we touch four of the great lakes if you are a water person too.

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have family in Knoxville, Columbia, and Mt. Pleasant, TN. My uncle was mayor of Mt. Pleasant until last year. We spent two weeks there every summer growing up, and some of my best memories are from those times. I'm a Texan, and you'd be welcome here, but TN has a lot going for it.

7. The following user says "Thanks" to FrogFortyFive

Thanks
    Thanks Received

We have an unspoken rule here about politics, but CA has one of the highest income taxes, a high sales tax, outrageous gas taxes, crazy registration fees (my 12 year old pickup exceeded $500 in annual fees this month), high property taxes, sales tax, and is the most populous state by more than 12 million people. What does that mean? They're bringing in exponentially more dollars than any other state yet the infrastructure is falling apart, dam failures, poor road conditions, rising crime, a bloated pension system for state employees that is unfundable. The list goes on and on. (It may as well be Greece )

The house and senate both passed a single payer health plan last week. It has a few more barriers, but the governor is eager to sign it into law. It is estimated the financial liability for the plan will be more than twice the revenue the state brings in in taxes. I'm not sticking around for this disaster. It's nothing but reckless spending by an out-of-control legislature that has a super-majority with no checks and balances. I have to imagine more than half the populace here is stupid not to see the writing on the wall. (Did I do all that without going into politics? I hope so). Anyway, rant over. And besides that, pachislo machines are technically illegal here. (Icing on the cake)

i think it was ftkservices that posted some pics on this site many years ago. Ed hasn't been here in a while, but the pictures impressed me and now I'm discovering several retirees from my prior agency have moved there. A friend of mine is traveling through eastern Tennessee at the moment and he's sending me pictures and raving about the area. Suddenly he and his wife are also contemplating a move out of CA.

So there you go, Mopar. My reason. I love the town I live in. Everyone knows each other, almost no crime, beautiful climate and views. But this State now has diminishing Second Amendment rights, an impossible debt burden and politicians that are as dumb as a board.

Thanks for for the feedback on alternate states. It might be a great idea to take a road trip.
    A Hardy har har...

9. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Meathead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Utah is nice if you can put up with the BS liquor laws and some snow for a few months. Otherwise it's pretty nice in Northern UT, and really scenic East of the Wasatch mountains. I have friends in Ca, and am waiting to see when they will vacate too.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post

If you're familiar with the state, or even some of the surrounding states, tell me of some nice rural towns where I might consider looking. We've never been east of Utah as far as road trips are concerned.
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

11. The following user says "Thanks" to naha13

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I do love Utah. Not much of a drinker either so the liquor laws won't bother me too much.
    A Hardy har har...

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Meathead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good luck on the move! Let me know if you travel out this way.
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My wife and I have booked a trip to Tennessee in September. We've decided to start in the Nashville area and then drive to the Johnson City area. Following just a single night in Johnson City, we intend to take an all day drive south (visiting as many communities as possible south of the Sevierville/Gatlinburg area as possible). We have no desire to be near the tourist trap that is Gatlinburg but places such as Townsend and south look appealing. We will spend the night and then the next two nights in Chattanooga exploring outlying communities. Why Chattanooga? Because my wife says so. Then back up to the Nashville airport to fly home.

Any must-see towns from you familiar with the area? And regarding Nashville, WOW, the home prices are insane! I thought CA was bad.
    A Hardy har har...

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Meathead