Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Original Terminator machine for $200

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Original Terminator machine for $200

Would you guys go $200 on a working original Terminator machine? IF not, how high/low would you go?
    FYI - This is a pick-up deal, but I'll be driving 5-6 hours to make it happen.
    00U0U_koMh1120sfK_1200x900.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Original Terminator machine for $200

I would definitely pay $200 if it was in good condition, but i wouldn't drive any 5 or 6 hours ever even if it was only $1. People are lucky to get a 20 minute drive out of me

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It depends on how bad you really want that machine, I guess. Like, if you're a fan or have been pining after it or not.
    I just drove 28 hours one way to pick up my dream pachinko this past weekend * v *U
    俺はデブの戦士、キューティージョニーさ!

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to kurumilover2003

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by kurumilover2003 View Post
    It depends on how bad you really want that machine, I guess. Like, if you're a fan or have been pining after it or not.
    I just drove 28 hours one way to pick up my dream pachinko this past weekend * v *U
    I use to be willing to drive further for things, but after getting to the place and finding out it was not what they said, because you can't see hidden mechanical or electrical problems in pics or physical flaws not shown in pics or video or even going on just the word of the seller...and then drive 28 hours to find out..that would be horrible..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

where in texas are you? how far from ms.?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Maybe try Skype or FaceTime so they can show you it's working? Just a thought before a long drive.
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

Sandwich Shooter stampeed valkyrie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

First off if you plan on driving any distance make 100% sure the machine is not gonna spring any surprises on you. I would also advise the seller that your traveling and get a general idea to see if he is willing to negotiate or flex on price.

I drove 10 hours for my Nadesico Pachislo.. and got a really good price on it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by golferdude View Post
    where in texas are you? how far from ms.?
    I'm in Granbury, a little touristy town southwest of Ft. Worth. MS would require a long jaunt along I20, but it's certainly feasible. Why do you ask?

Update: I can buy any of these three machines, but can only afford one, according to the wife. Don't ask about her math:
    1. KYOJIN NO HOSHI - $80, plays good according to video, converted to "Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas" - I would try to convert back to original.
    2. Original Terminator - $175, plays good according to video, 6 hour r/t drive
    3. Million Gold - $90, supposedly working, I really wasn't interested bcz its a cr*p game, BUT THIS ONE SOLD FIRST??? No accounting for taste! LOL!

Glad I found out about Million God / Gold whatever it is before I bought it. When I saw it, I thought "a 'slo with a video screen for $90? I'm buying it!" then the truth was discovered about it here at PachiTalk!

Last edited by FrogFortyFive; 05-19-2017 at 11:45 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Decisions, decisions! Now I just found a Tomb Raider for $250, but the guy "found" it in a house he bought to rehab and knows nothing about it. He doesn't even have a key. But it does come with tokens, and he said they "tip the machine" to get the tokens back out, which makes me think its either missing a coin hopper, or there are LOTS of tokens in the hopper!

Anyway, I see Tomb Raider is pretty high on the top 100 pachislo lists, higher even than Terminator, and its only a 2 hr r/t. If I could get him down to $150, I'd take a shot at it.

Chaps me off that there was one posted here for sale in 2015 in "perfect working condition" for $100!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

"Chaps me off that there was one posted here for sale in 2015 in "perfect working condition" for $100!"

LOL, i hear ya i go back through old threads and see all these cheapies throughout the years...I didn't even really know these machines existed till about 4 months ago... Heck i thought the only pachinko machines were the old 60's and 70's one's, and slot machines were well what we normally have here in the usa expensive and weigh a ton...man was i wrong...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nor did I! I mean, we had a pachinko machine back in the mid-1970's as kids growing up in Dallas, but I hadn't thought about it in decades. I stumbled across a mid-1980's electro-mechanical on Craigslist about a month ago, and though to myself "Now that's cool!". I'd NEVER seen or heard of them before. Now I own two and I'm looking for more! If I'm not careful, I'm gonna have to turn my movie theater room into a game room!

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to FrogFortyFive

Thanks
    Thanks Received

btw, welcome to the addiction-I mean the group
    I'm sure you can find room for many more

15. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Peteybob! Right now the problem is everyone on here says don't pay more than $50 unless its a super rare machine or something, yet all of them on CL seem to be asking $250 or so for run-of-the-mill games. There are no real high-demand ones even for sale, unless you call Terminator and Tomb Raider "high demand". I hear when you try to sell your machines (to finance new ones, of course!) its very hard, so it's best to not overpay in the beginning!

I paid $100 for my "wings" style pachinko, and $125 for my Jet Set Radio pachislo. Not great deals, but not terrible either.

I know you can lowball people, and I have, but it just seems like prices are high here. There is one "modern" pachinko machine for sale and they want $400. I've set up auto-search and notification for CL listings, so now I guess i sit back and wait for the right machines to pop up at the right price!
    Last edited by FrogFortyFive; 05-19-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Your last part there says it all. Being patient with waiting for what you like and want is the hardest part. Many sellers look to others online for a price and think it has to be worth it, right? But the selling on eBay has a fair amount of fees on top of it all. Some machines are still out there with high prices waiting for the right buyer to come along after 6+ months.

Prices of the years gone by seen in old posts are just that for the most part. There used to be more than the one importer than there is today five or more years ago it seems. I've been fortunate a few times to have hooked up with a few members that were selling off multiple machines. Members here and in some other groups will do a decent deal with others. Some may also need to get that extra out of a price due to some hardship. I am okay with that knowing that I can help out a fellow member as this is an extended family to so many.

On some it has been like buying a used car. For a theme I really wanted I've paid more than others may have. But like that used car, you get xx years of use out of it. After that time if I sell then I won't expect to get what I paid for it. But then again some think these toys to us are an investment item to earn more money from. Vintage and rare are two very over used words in peoples ads!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    Your last part there says it all. Being patient with waiting for what you like and want is the hardest part.
    A truer statement was never spoken. We need to be patient, like a spider waiting for a fly to get caught in his web...me, i just grab 'em out of the air.

SERIOUSLY, if you don't want to overpay, be patient, you won't have to. Time will bring what we seek, if we are committed.

I look forward to enjoying this hobby. Thanks to all who have paved the way...
    Last edited by FrogFortyFive; 05-19-2017 at 10:44 PM.

19. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to FrogFortyFive

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by kurumilover2003 View Post
    Obviously some of us have enough love for one machine that we are willing to endure great hardships in order to bring it home to our families and friends.

To all to whom this definition applies, I salute you!
    Last edited by FrogFortyFive; 05-19-2017 at 11:30 PM.

21. The following user says "Thanks" to FrogFortyFive

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Frog Forty Five Frequently Favors Family and Friends

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, I bought the Fake Vegas machine for $75. I have a guy driving two hours to me to buy some coins. He lives near the Fake Vegas machine. He went over and picked it up and will deliver it to me tomorrow! That just worked out too perfectly to not pull the trigger! He sent me a pic of it in the back of his car:

test.jpg

The Tomb Raider machine is showing E-8, which is coin hopper missing. I told him how to get into it without a key using the slot on the bottom. Hopefully I'll find out if it has a hopper, keys, tokens, etc. Said he'd do $150 which has me tempted, especially if I sell the coins.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast