Thread: Star Wars Battle of Darth Vader - Help Me Understand

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Red face Star Wars Battle of Darth Vader - Help Me Understand

If anyone has this Pachinko, please help me understand what to do.

It was easy to adjust the volume and brightness, but things are happening on the screen and I'm not sure what I need to do. Also, I don't see any 3D. Even running the video from the little menu, the 3D icon comes on the screen, but all I see are 2D images.

The machine came with 2 volume control pots, but it seems that 1 adjusts the left channel and 1 adjusts the right channel. I won't be using those.

I run the machine and it is working OK, I get the slot type animations on the screen, with numbers 1 to 8 on the bottom of the screen. What does that mean? Also, there are a series of tiny red LCD lights at the lower right of the machine, with the number 20. What do those lights mean?

I can't really enjoy this machine until I understand what I am doing. I got the machine today, filled it with balls and just blindly played without really knowing what I was doing.

Also, This machine is a beast and HEAVY!

Is it possible to attach some type of wooden slats on the bottom to keep it from tipping over? What's the best way to do this?

I'd appreciate any and all tips and advice.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Star Wars Battle of Darth Vader - Help Me Understand

Played with it some more tonight, got a fever, and some kind of Vader Battle - the thing popped down and started spinning furiously with all these sounds and lights! Pretty exciting! I matched triple 6's. Also, when in the Vader mode, the 3D was very prominent, and looked really good.

I wish I had some place to put this machine. It's far too heavy for me to lift by myself. I tried tonight but just couldn't do it. I prop it up between my bureau and a pinball machine so the cats don't knock it over. I'm only able to play it on the floor right now!

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Chippe01

Thanks
    Thanks Received

2 - 1 by 4 inch boards about 10 to 12 inches long mounted on the bottom work good as feet,

many people make their own cabinets
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Chippe01 View Post
    I wish I had some place to put this machine.
    I have the perfect spot here for it. Heck I'll even give you a key to my place so you can come over to play anytime!
    On second thought maybe not. My seven year old cat loves to chew up all those tiny exposed wires.

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Funny, I love pinball, and managed to find space to fit FIVE pinball machines in a 1 bedroom apartment, but I can't find where to put 2 measly Pachinkos! The problems are 1) My youngest female cat LOVES to chew up wires, 2) All three cats are curious and are constantly sniffing around the machines - I'm afraid they will knock them over, 3) I couldn't do any wood work if my life depended on it.

Since the machines are open in the back, I would need some kind of cabinets, but I can't do this, nor do I know anyone who could do it.

I have a Vintage Sankyo, which I keep in a closet and pull out when I want to play it. At least I can lift that one. I also have a Star Wars Vader that I just got - it weighs a ton. All I can do with that is drag it on the floor and sit on the floor to play it. When I'm done, I prop it between a pinball machine and a bureau so the cats don't topple it. It's very prone to tip backwards in it's current condition.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

WOW that is one crowded apartment! So do you sleep under the pinball machines? I hear you on all of that. I have 12 pachinko and 6 pachislo machines lined up around my apartment dining room and my cat will scale across the tops picking at ball in the back hoppers during the night. When not being played I keep them all very tight against one another and the wall to keep her from the lower backsides and those tasty tiny wires. Every other machine has the wooden feet like Luckydog described. So this locks them in to not be tipped over. My Ultraman Taro pachinko weighs about 80 lbs when loaded with balls. I would cry if that ever went over and off the table.
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/memb...ines-into.html

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice setup!

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Chippe01

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This thing is MESMERIZING! I posted a video on YouTube, I got a FEVER, a VADER RUSH, and a SPECIAL FEVER! I'm still a bit confounded, though. Here's the video, it's kind of long:https://youtu.be/NIfHF4AVfCQ

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Chippe01

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I recently got a aquarion 3 pachinko machine, and i really have not clue whats going on, but its fun nonetheless...I mean i figured out what some things are doing by experience but other than that no..It has crazy animatronics and a joy stick on bottom that looks like something in a jet and at certain times this star looking thing pops up that acts like a windmill tells you to grab the joystick and cool wind blows out from the same area (a fan i guess) as if it was trying to make you feel like your flying/...crazy stuff...Anyway I'm not much of a carpenter, but i just looked up some threads on here a week or so before i got it, went to lowes had them cut some 12 inch 1x4's ( maybe i would have gone 16" inches for this model if i would have known how front heavy it is) out of a 4ft piece and used my drill and some 1 and 1/2" screws .. was done maybe an hour after i unboxed the machine...and hadn't drilled a piece of wood in 2 years.. just watch out where they put the transformer, and dont drill past the wood if they put it right where your going to place one of the feet like they did mine..Mainly its just placing the feet even and lining up the holes is the worse part..

15. The following user says "Thanks" to thcrw7391

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had order some "feet" from pachinko restorations. I am not sure if they have been pre-frilled with the necessary holes, but I could probably do that much. They out the transformer right at the right corner of the frame - when looking from the back. I've got plenty of wood screws, and maybe I will use some wood glue on them as well. Don't even need clamps as the weight of the machine is plenty.

I made a 22 minute video (the one I posted above), and have been watching it to try to understand what's going on. However, I was winning so much that I had to keep refilling the jackpot tray and couldn't enjoy "winning" as my attention was divided between the front and back of the machine. I think I am going to tape up the wires coming out of the transformer as well. I'm afraid my youngest cat will get at the wires - she LOVES wires.
    Last edited by Chippe01; 05-15-2017 at 08:20 PM.

17. The following user says "Thanks" to Chippe01

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

One word to have Cats not nibble on wires : Catnip

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by takethecastle57 View Post
    One word to have Cats not nibble on wires : Catnip

If it were only that easy!

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Chippe01

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi, can I ask... I have recently picked up this machine (battle of Darth Vader), and little worried that the payout isn’t working. My old 2006 starwars pays out every time a ball goes I the start hole, normally around 4-6 balls. This new machine doesn’t pay anything when a balls drops in start and spins. Is this normal? I’ve played for hours and never had a fever yet. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

is your machine a cyclic machine?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi, I’m not sure what a cyclic machine is, I’m new to Pachinko.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I guess this issue is fix now. Right?

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...h-Vader-Payout

cyclic. = the machines ball paths have been altered so all ball go straight back to the front tray. There are no payouts. but you can play with only 50 balls.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah! I spotted a loose wire where a ‘no balls dongle’ was added by previous owner. . So I’ve popped back in and all seems to work! Thanks!

26. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mattartist