Thread: Definitive guide to modern Pachinko terms, rules, etc?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Definitive guide to modern Pachinko terms, rules, etc?

Are there any guides floating around as to the terms, meanings, rules to modern Pachinkos? I like the vintage machines as they are simple with no talk or text. But I wanted a more modern machine as they look a whole lot nicer. But the problem is the language barrier. There's so much going on but it's all in Japanese. How am I supposed to know what to do?

i haven't gotten my new machine yet but I've been watching a lot of videos and it seems with the modern machines there is a lot of time spent waiting while the machine and screen do their thing.

I havent really been been able to find much in the way of instructions and what to do during the various modes, or what the texts actually mean. Is there anything out there I can print out and study? It would be great if these machines were capable of switching languages. Since they are only used for a period, then most exported I assume, why wouldn't they program them for English in addition to Japanese or at least provide English user manuals. I've looked in the manuals section, but nothing for the most recent Star Wars.

I'd appreciate any tips. Thanks.
    Last edited by Chippe01; 05-10-2017 at 03:33 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Definitive guide to modern Pachinko terms, rules, etc?

There are a number of threads in the Sticky section here that talk about terminology, how to play, etc., but I have never seen a definitive guide and if there were one it would be in Japanese. Haha. For most machines I think it is pretty easy to follow along. Keep shooting for a start pocket, if the screen displays a button then hit the button on the front of the machine. If the button doesn't disappear then keep pounding the button on the front of the machine. Wait to hit a fever and then aim for the open gate. After a fever when in high probability mode shoot for whatever adds spins, whether it's the opening and closing start tulip or another gate of some kind it should be pretty easy to figure out. Most of the Japanese language is just storyline for your particular machine. Generally speaking I don't think the machine is going to give you a verbal direction that it doesn't also provide a visual representation of as well.

Actually, very few of the total number of machines are exported. Japan has a huge problem right now with machines in landfills causing pollution. I think they try to do some recycling of parts like screens, but most just end up in giant piles in a dump somewhere.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the info. It's a pity all those machines end up as garbage.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah, I had no idea that happens. Really breaks my heart thinking about awesome machines like Julie Pinball and Persona 4 ending up in a landfill somewhere instead of some collector's living room :s
    俺はデブの戦士、キューティージョニーさ!