Thread: Electrocoin Azteca reel bulb replacment

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Electrocoin Azteca reel bulb replacment

Hi,

I recently purchased a Azteca pachislo machine (1999 version), & noticed the left reel bulb on the center line is out..

Can i get some sort of reference how to get to it properly & perhaps a direction on the proper bulb to purchase...

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Electrocoin Azteca reel bulb replacment

Sorry... that should have been the right reel, not the left.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sometimes the whole reel bundle is held in with clips. Removal is fairly easy without tools. Must unplug wiring harness' of course. Others, however are more difficult. Take various pics of where the reels attach to the machine so those of us who don't own that particular machine might notice something you missed.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well definitely not clips, phillips head screws seem to be the culprit to be removed....Now i noticed that also the left side reel bottom light is out...If pictures will help i'll take them and post a little later... i just figured this particular machine has been around and popular enough to get a chime in.

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to thcrw7391

Thanks
    Thanks Received

To me it looks as if the reels are on individual metal slide out racks held in by one screw on top and on bottom (looks like 2 on the bottom for the for the left reel) and should then come out, but just want to verify before i mess something up.
    Last edited by thcrw7391; 05-07-2017 at 12:50 PM. Reason: left out information

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The few times that I've worked on reels I personally found it easier to pull out the whole reel cage and then go from there. Make any needed notes as to which cable harness goes where and there might be several screws holding in the complete reels assembly. After sliding it out you can better see how to further break down the components of each reel and its light board.

The reels in the machines that I have are set up in a main frame or cage. Some other machines may not be like mine.
    Last edited by Peteybob; 05-07-2017 at 01:41 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The reel cage on this one is connected from the back of the machine, and has little black round covers on what i'm guessing is screws underneath, it really looks as if this one was designed to pull the reels from the cage rather than take the whole cage off..I could be wrong though

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You could start with loosening or pulling the five front bottom screws and see what moves from there? Just go easy as the reels could be fragile and wiring gets short. Be cautious of bending any of the sheet metal as later on you may end up with a lot of vibration/noise. Been there and done that one

Some others should be along in a day or so that have much more experience than I and more variety in machine brands.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Everytime i think i see the right way to pull them, i notice something else in the assembly that makes my prior plan a poor choice..I did figure out how to remove the bulbs i needed to change without removing the reels.......
    I was able to put them back in as well but it isn't the easiest & it still doesn't solve how to properly pull the reels... Especially if the center reel bulbs go out in the future both sides of that one is blocked off by the right and the left reel.

Sandwich Shooter stampeed valkyrie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

From looking at the pictures your original observation is probably correct. They appear to be able to be removed one set at a time like a cartridge. Easiest way to tell is probably remove or disconnect all ribbon cables going to the reel cage and then remove the reel cage completely. This should allow you to get a 360 view of the assembly and you can see what is attached where.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I decided to wait till i get the replacement bulbs in the mail no sense in pulling it apart now.. Already ordered them since i was able to get the bulbs out without much trouble so had the information and pics i needed to track down the right one's.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well i got the reel bulbs in without even taking it apart (but i'm sure i'll have to eventually when the center bulbs go out).., Now i'm having trouble locating one other bulbs i need, I ordered what i thought was it, but it turns out none that were sent was a match, anyway leaving some pics in case someone here might know...they go in the credit section area on the left side of the reel window, and they are not meant to be removed from the sockets they are in.

Anyway Thanks !

IMG_20170508_122711[1].jpgIMG_20170508_122727[1].jpgIMG_20170508_122736[1].jpgIMG_20170508_122646[1].jpg
    Last edited by thcrw7391; 05-12-2017 at 07:55 PM.