Thread: Vintage Sankyo RGB LED jackpot mod

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Vintage Sankyo RGB LED jackpot mod

I wanted to add bit more of a wow factor to my machine so I've added RGB LED strips that run in parallel with the jackpot light so whenever you get a jackpot there is a nice light display. The strip is fitted within the metal door frame so is completely hidden from view and as it's a completely non destructive mod (apart from splicing in a few wires) it can be easily removed.

The RGB strip controller I'm using remembers it's last setting so I've set it to a fast 7 colour flash, but if you wanted something more subtle it could easily be set to a static colour of your choice.

The whole thing is running from a standard 9v battery - the RGB strip and controller technically needs 12v but it seems to work just fine at 9v and as it only comes on for a few seconds at a time I don't think the battery will drain too quickly.

I've uploaded a YouTube video of it in action.

And here is a picture of how the LED strip is hidden in the frame:

2. The following 15 users say "Thanks" to ruckage

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Vintage Sankyo RGB LED jackpot mod

Did you get your RGB strips and controller on Ebay or where? Please share. Thanks

4. The following user says "Thanks" to MGB1977

hkp

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice! Definitely a cool mod.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi

Any chance of get more info on how you set it up.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm adding LED's to the strip of 6 multi colored curved rectangles to the right. Where the light for the empty hopper light was and moving the empty hopper light to the upper left corner jackpot light. Was a bit tricky removing the curved strip. Drilled a hole in the back and found the brad nail and drove it out from the back. Will reinstall with small screws. Using colored surface mount LED's from Oznium they have lots of LED's to choose from. Adding white LED to loader tray window, also a surface mount LED. Oznium Amber 4 chip SUPER BRIGHT LED for empty hopper .Did your machine have a light in the center? or did you add that. My Sankyo doesn't have a center light, upper left is jackpot light.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This wiring diagram in LED backlight is really very rare and now you will hardly find such an LED strip. Usually in the store I find only smart light bulbs or LED strips of a new generation. Your device looks very cool and rare, I would like to play on it, it will bring me great pleasure because of its authenticity and antique appearance.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by AlexKolt View Post
    This wiring diagram in LED backlight is really very rare and now you will hardly find such an LED strip. Usually in the store I find only smart light bulbs or LED strips of a new generation. Your device looks very cool and rare, I would like to play on it, it will bring me great pleasure because of its authenticity and antique appearance. Keep it up and I'm sure you'll be able to do some more cool stuff. If you have other ideas or projects, feel free to share them with us. It is always very interesting for me to watch this and it makes me happy. I hope to see some more of your creations in the future. I wish you good luck and success, friend!
    !

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very cool! Has glare been an issue at all? I want to do a similar mod to my Nisijin, but I'm having a hard time figuring out where to put the side LEDs. I could probably put them on the door similar to your installation, but the LEDs would be on the outside of the glass and I'm worried about too much glare from the LEDs shining directly on it.