Thread: Open glass/front on "Born in Hawaii"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Open glass/front on "Born in Hawaii"

Greetings, I'm having issues opening the glass to remove some packing on a "Born in Hawaii". So I don't pry the wrong thing, the glass release part of the key doesn't seem to be releasing anything that opens. Some of my frame just the upper glass opens above the key, some the part where the key is opens with the key in it. I'm unsure how this one is supposed to open and it doesn't seem to match any if the others I have. I can see things move when I have the door open, but it's not going up far enough to release... and I'm not sure where to pull to open the glass either. The red arrow is supposed to show the front release plate moves up, the green arrow is supposed to show the peg it slides on only goes half way (there's a second peg at the bottom), and the diamond shape is a lever that I assume is supposed to tell it whether it can release the plate or not but it doesn't seem to do much of anything except lock the key from turning counterclockwise.
    BiH01.jpgBiH02.jpgBiH03.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Open glass/front on "Born in Hawaii"

Think what you are showing is the release that allows the whole front to open from the frame. There should be another release on the back that will just open the playfield door. Once the playfield door is open, there is usually a smaller release to open the door below to t with the ball tray and shooter. Look for the release on the back of the machine near the frame.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You are right, turning the key right moves the front plate down and opens the door. Turing it left makes that back plate try to move up and it stops about half way up, but it doesn't move all the way up. I'm assuming it is supposed to do a full travel. Then again, maybe that switch I have the diamond around is supposed to release the glass, but I'm not sure where to pull on the front.

Maybe it would work better if I put it it in the wall first, I'm trying to do it with the frame just sitting on the floor.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sounds like a few of mine where the frame was tweaked enough in shipping and the door/glass releases wouldn't travel all the way. Watch on the back side as you turn the key left. The glass door release rail should be seen moving and perhaps you can help it along. One of mine I still need to gently pull on the front right side where the glass and plastic meet to open the glass panel.

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks. I got it to start to open now... the top right corner releases and makes a little gap, but not the bottom. I'll work on the slider behind the other slider to see if I can work it up a little. I do see that rail move and stop before it gets as far as it should.