Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Latest aquisition and in need of help

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Latest aquisition and in need of help

A couple pics of my latest aquisition. The machine had no wiper and a problem with the bonus feature.

I was able to fabricate the wiper and that works now. There was a broken diode and transistor on the side bonus board. The machine plays without the board and bonus tulip switch disabled, but will only pay a max 5. Working bonus board would allow 8 pay per full circle, max 16.

Need some help to identify the 2 transistors on the side board as this one has no markings on them. If anyone has a similar Taiyo with this extra side board and would check for any markings on the transistors I would be very grateful.20170320_194509.jpg20170320_194457.jpg20170320_194408.jpg

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Latest aquisition and in need of help

It may be that your game will only pay 5 no matter what. I've had a couple of machines in the past like this and they typically have a sticker across the front that denotes this. Also, if you put a ball in every pocket it should pay out 10. That has nothing to do with the bonus. In other words, you should be able to win more than 5 without the bonus. If not, I believe that is how your machine is set.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

2 of my machines have these stickers. One is from a Satomi "Buffalo" and pays a max of 5. Other one is from a Satomi "Lion" that pays a max of 10 but there's a switch to set it at 5 or 10. Mine actually will pay out a max of 15 but that's because of a mod I did. As per our emails you mentioned that the bonus numbers light up individually when a ball makes it into one of those pockets (during normal play and not from the bonus being activated) and if you get a completion that pays out, then those numbers are registering properly and that lends more weight to the fact that your machine pays a max of 5. If that's the case, there may be a mod to change that though.
    You mentioned in your post that you should get 8 tokens per circle so a max of 16 for both fully lit circles. Not sure that's the case though. You should get 1 token 4 for adjacent numbers and then one additional token for each number adjacent to the first 4. So this means 5 per circle or 10 for both fully lit circles.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by emmadog; 03-21-2017 at 01:11 AM.

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well damn, I just translated your instruction card it it says a point for each number so that's very interesting. I don't remember my Taiyo paying that much but who knows. I still think there's a possibility your machine is set to pay a max of 5 though.

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

be vewy vewy quiet im hunting pachis... Lt Teddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

My tayio is a lot older than yours but it does pay a total of 16 if all the numbers are lite. It sounds like a machine gun when dispensing tokens. I will look at mine when I get home. Most of those small parts have no numbers on them or have faded away.
    Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the replies. I am beginning to think you may be onto something with the max 5 senario but unable to confirm yet.
    There is remnents of a top front sticker, so may have been parlor modified. What has me confused is why the bonus board would have been left there if the program was modified this way. With the bonus switch in play and no bonus board, the bonus tulip lights the red bonus lights but not the individual 4 numbers. This causes a no possible win seario, no way to get 4 in a row.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Another thought on the max 5. Currently the payout control comes from the wiper contacts, however there are more than 5 potential signals there so with more potential pays it should pay more.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tink View Post
    With the bonus switch in play and no bonus board, the bonus tulip lights the red bonus lights but not the individual 4 numbers. This causes a no possible win seario, no way to get 4 in a row.
    I should add here that the bonus switch shuts off the power to the 4 bonus numbers so they can no longer activate by a ball in those pockets.

be vewy vewy quiet im hunting pachis... Lt Teddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When the ball goes in my bonus tulip it lights both the bonus light and the four corresponding numbers.

FYI. I a couple of times have taken my boards out of my machines and taken them into old tv repair shops where they have replaced some of the diodes.

If the ball goes in one of the four bonus numbers does it light up the number. If it does then drop a ball in the bonus tulip and see if the light still stays lite.

I think your machine would pay like mine if everything was working.

another option that you should try is to disconnect the bonus board and see how the machine plays. You might be surprised.

Will be interested in what happens. Don
    Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i remember now after looking at old posts. i donated my similar machine to a lottery on here back in 2010 and after the guy won it, he sent me an email saying he had fixed a couple probs with it and now it paid out more. i'll see if i can find that old email because he may have described what he'd fixed.
    the fact that an active bonus cuts the signal to the four numbers makes sense because now those numbers are in play. the bonus itself should now be sending the signal for those four numbers. disabling the bonus so there's potenital no win scenarios can't be right as that would piss off the customer and they would figure it out within a game or two so this leads me to believe that once you get new transistors, you should be good in terms of a functioning bonus. this still leaves the max payout issue and i don't understand the logic of the circuitry but it could be that no matter how many signals the wiper sends, a chip on the board dictates what the max is. just a guess.

16. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

my emails on here don't go that far back to see what the fix was on my old machine. i was hoping that would shed some light.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Lt Teddy View Post
    When the ball goes in my bonus tulip it lights both the bonus light and the four corresponding numbers.

FYI. I a couple of times have taken my boards out of my machines and taken them into old tv repair shops where they have replaced some of the diodes.

If the ball goes in one of the four bonus numbers does it light up the number. If it does then drop a ball in the bonus tulip and see if the light still stays lite.

another option that you should try is to disconnect the bonus board and see how the machine plays. You might be surprised.

he tried disconnecting the board in the first post.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Lt Teddy View Post

The 4 bonus numbers do light with a ball in the pocket prior to a ball in the bonus tulip. I do not believe they stay lit after a bonus tulip hit, but could not say this at 100% as I am a bit afraid of further damage to the circuits. Testing with the damaged board is at a minimum at this point.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    the fact that an active bonus cuts the signal to the four numbers makes sense because now those numbers are in play. the bonus itself should now be sending the signal for those four numbers. disabling the bonus so there's potenital no win scenarios can't be right as that would piss off the customer and they would figure it out within a game or two so this leads me to believe that once you get new transistors, you should be good in terms of a functioning bonus. this still leaves the max payout issue and i don't understand the logic of the circuitry but it could be that no matter how many signals the wiper sends, a chip on the board dictates what the max is. just a guess.
    I also believe there is a chip control in play here. Initial thoughts are that the wiper controls up to max 5, then beyond that the chip counts. Also seems that when the bonus is in play full control may be through a chip for payout.

Would be interested to find out the payout timing for anything above the 5, as up to five payout timing is dependent on location of the contacts on the wiper board. If the timing is from a control chip beyond that then the payouts would be one after the other with the same delay between them as I have seen on other machines that have no wiper system.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tink View Post
    The 4 bonus numbers do light with a ball in the pocket prior to a ball in the bonus tulip. I do not believe they stay lit after a bonus tulip hit, but could not say this at 100% as I am a bit afraid of further damage to the circuits. Testing with the damaged board is at a minimum at this point.
    if they don't stay lit after a bonus hit, that would be odd. they should stay lit to show the player that they're "active" unless you're saying that's done in error.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Lt has a machine that's the same as my Bonus Line machine but without the bonus but same electronics layout. IIRC, he had payout issues that were related to a bad chip that's located on a small board on the upper right of the main wiper board. Maybe he'll chime in with some specifics.
    May be a chip issue and if you can find a replacment, it could be worth switching them out.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think the 4 shut off as control is turned over to the side board which should keep them active, but do not. I am going to check the chips on that little board on the upper corner of the wiper board. This Taiyo has markings on the IC's so this may shed some light on the control aspect. My Fuji has the same but the little board has no chip markings either so I am abit afraid to swap them to see what happens.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well the 2 ic's are both NEC, upd128c and upd113c. Best guess is these are proms. Not gonna mess with those so I am back to trying to figure out the transistors.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've searched for those two chips before quite a bit in trying to help out Lt's machine to no avail. Hopefully yours are fine but I'm pretty sure they have something to do with the payout logic.

26. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Interesting new finding. Upon further inspection of the little control board on the main wiper board. There is a 5 connection on the board and a 10 which has a hole. Best guess is I may be able to convert to a max 10 pay if I fail to be able to correct the bonus board issue.20170321_200333.jpg

Guess that clarifies my current max 5 payout. Would sure be nice to find datasheets for those IC's. Better yet the program info. Well one can dream.

28. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Tink

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast