Thread: Olympia Evolutional Setup Help

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Olympia Evolutional Setup Help

Hi,

I have what I believe is a 2001 Olympia Evolutional I bought on an impulse. I was told it was unplugged for a while, and just needed to "be setup, should only take 2mins, and there's instructions on the internet."

Welp, turns out I can't find anything; and I don't know where to start, what to search for to get it started, or where to find a manual....

I'm pretty adapt with most things technical, but this thing has me stumped, and seems it's a little different than most of the pachislo machines based on the power supply. Hence me reaching out, as I'm truly stuck. I've attached photos, and can take more, or a video if I knew specifically what to post.

I just want to play it!

I have the key and some tokens, but after turning it on I can't get any of the tokens to register (tried quarters as well and nothing there either) and they just go straight into the hopper. I can flip a switch on the power supply, and then they can go right into the bottom tray and the difficulty number stays on. Is that free play? If I turn the switch on, then the insert medals light flashes. I only have about 100 tokens as well. Could that have an effect?

Either way, that's as far as I get. I can't get anything to spin, or any sound to play when I turn it on, press any of the buttons, or insert a token.

No error codes. I've already tried cleaning the lens with some rubbing alcohol and a qtip, as well as checking all the connections and they all seem to be in. Nothing looks corroded or damaged.

I don't hear any sound either, but can hear the speakers slightly buzzing. None of the three stopper buttons light up either. The only thing I have managed to do is change the difficulty from 1-6 and turn half the lights off. I also haven't been able to see any of the mechanicals spin. Just lights go on.

I'm not even sure if it's broken or working?
    The guy I bought it from says it worked great last he used it, and that it was loud as heck. I've got no reason not to believe him as he said he has had multiple of these machines. I just haven't been able to get it to spin or sound, and I bought it without tech support.

Now that I have it home, and have been fiddling/reading about it for hours, I know 2 things. I really really want this thing to work, and I'm going to want a collection lol, but I'm sorely stuck.

If anyone knows what this machine is, and or how to set it up, I'd really really appreciate it! Even a heads up where to find a manual. My translate app does not work for the title of the machine so I have no idea what it's called either. I'm guessing it's a 2001 based on the sticker on the back. There's also a red button/switch on the back of the door I have no idea what's for. Honestly I don't really know what any of the switches or buttons specifically do.

Any help, or knowledge at all with this would be greatly appreciated! Bottom line, I just want help to play this sweet machine!

Thank you so much for your time.

Kind Regards,
    Kia
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Kia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Olympia Evolutional Setup Help

Welcome to PachiTalk

You're probably going to need more tokens, but also you should try the full reset, which includes changing the odds

you have to be sure to follow and complete each step for it to fully reset.

The procedure is detailed in the post 4 in this thread link:

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...l=1#post562498

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Your machine is called Nankoku Monogatari. It was released by Olympia in 2001.

Your machine takes 30 pai tokens, they are close to the size of a .50cent piece.

Unlike most other machines, that take 25 pai tokens, about the size of a quarter.
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello Kia and welcome to the group!

Great advice from the other members. Let us know how it goes for you

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you everyone for the welcome, and the advice!

Especially a massive thank you to Wayne!.... you sorcerer of pach you..... 30 pai tokens were just the ticket. How you knew.... baffling.
    Except in my case, a canadian twonie did the trick with a little help from my finger to get the sensor to trigger. A loonie would just give me an error. Nice to know it was just a silly thing being the tokens were too small. I now just need a bunch of those 30 pai tokens, and I should be good to go. Now its just a problem of trying to get some up here as I live out in the bush.

Sound/spinning all works. At least now I know the machine works.

Thanks again for the warm welcome, and the advice.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Kia