Thread: Just found two machines for $50 and want to show off/learn

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Just found two machines for $50 and want to show off/learn

Never had any particular interest in obtaining a machine, let alone two, but I can't wait to (hopefully) get them set up in my game room.

While I'm not on the level of "anime fan," I find Japan interesting and have some nostalgia thanks to my love of retro video games. Happened across two vintage machines on a Facebook group for $100 or $200, I forget. Came with no balls (or so I thought), and no promise of functionality. I commented that they were cool, and the lady said I could take one for $50. I was broke, so I had to pass. Tax return season rolls around a couple of months later, and she still has them. She took $50 for both of them just to get them gone.

I think they're in pretty good cosmetic condition, especially the Sanyo. Need a better cleaning than I've given them, I'm sure, but it's a work in progress. As for how they work? I looked around a little for repair guides, and after tinkering a couple of hours, I've freed three balls from the machines, and have managed to get them launching in both. The only things wrong besides the filth of them was some bent pieces near the levers that I managed to figure out and place back into a working position; whether or not it's "correct," well... I don't know. I did get the few balls I had to successfully fire from both machines, which just made me feel good inside to see.

I seem to be having a hard time finding pictures of the aforementioned Sanyo, and love the design on it, so I thought this would be a good place to show off a little bit and share. I'm pretty stoked with how vibrant the colors of the background are for its age (I don't know exactly, but I'm assuming 75/76 from my bit of research).

The second Nishijin machine with the Angel design is also pretty cool, but I'm a bigger fan of the Sanyo.

I've just purchased 250 balls to properly load and test them, and am planning to buy some wood to make a stand for the Sanyo. I'll let you guys know how well they work when they arrive.

If anybody has any general advice, let me know.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

2. The following 17 users say "Thanks" to ssjlance