Thread: My first modern pachinko!! Thunderbirds 2004

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default My first modern pachinko!! Thunderbirds (2004)

Hay guys

Well I finally got round to buying another pachinko machine but this time went modern and got a Thunderbirds in the gear shock frame I brought a cabinet and a few balls off the seller as well.

WP_20170209_13_18_49_Pro.jpg

I wasn't actually intending to go modern I was looking for a single shot vintage but I so glad I got this its awesome and really different from the vintage which is nice all be it a little confusing so I have a couple of questions and observations to post about see if I can get advise or whatever from you awesome people.

So I hear talk of reach modes and fevers and what not so I got a couple of pics to see if I'm looking/thinking about this right

first off you hit the start/centre pocket to spin the reels

WP_20170212_13_52_00_Pro.jpg

the machine plays a tune and pays you 4 balls

now if your lucky it goes in to reach mode?? I think this is right

WP_20170212_13_52_37_Pro.jpgWP_20170212_13_52_40_Pro.jpgWP_20170212_13_53_24_Pro.jpgWP_20170212_13_53_25_Pro.jpg

So the top and bottom reel have the same number on and then a video sequence starts which on this machine is one of the thunderbirds vehicles destroying numbers until it gets to near or on the number which matches the other to reels then it either goes into fever mode or fails and goes back to normal or at least that's what I can fathom from playing it

fever mode wise the machine goes nuts and a rather large section opens up below the start pocket and you land balls in their to score massive amounts of balls!! (didn't get a picture was to excited with all the noise and lights going nuts and a ton of balls flowing out the bottom tray) hopefully I'm on the right track with that

I've noticed a couple of other things it does but am unsure of why or what these firstly every now and again the background has a map of the world appear and a sonar sound is heard is this just to break up the way the game plays?? or is it a type of luck mode? if luck mode is even a real thing!! secondly the background turns to a view above the earth and the numbers 1-4 that light up as you score in the centre pocket have boxes appear under them which from time to time have a picture pop up in them any ideas what that's about?? or is it just another way to break up the same old same old.

Anyways I think I'm getting a handle on it!! Maybe!!

Now I've been reading a lot about the Daverob dongle and am pretty convinced I want one so just wanted to check with you guys if this machine is compatible I think it is as it has the parallel port on the back and you can see the parlour ball loan controls on it and the odds sticker has CR so I'm pretty sure its compatible

WP_20170215_13_00_48_Pro.jpgWP_20170215_13_00_55_Pro.jpg

I promise I'm nearly at the end of my random all over the place post!!!

Any ideas what these buttons are for

WP_20170215_13_00_33_Pro.jpg

I've heard mention of a call attendant button so I'm assuming that's what the lit up button is as it doesn't seem to do anything the black button under the ball tray seem to stop the shooter I'm guessing this is so you can pop 1 or 2 balls off instead of machine gun style.

Cheers guys

J.

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to JammaBuilder