Thread: Looking for Authentic Pachinko Ball Tray

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Looking for Authentic Pachinko Ball Tray

Hello! Does anybody have a plastic pachinko ball tray from Japan that they would be willing to part with? I see a lot of places selling them for $6.95-$15 but they are all sold out I really want one, as I don't like using an old shoe box.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Looking for Authentic Pachinko Ball Tray

I have just ordered a few styles of ball/token trays from Japan so it will take a while (mid March?) in getting here. I ordered in multiples to help keep some costs down but also to share with others. My selling prices won't be for profit selling to other members. I'm not sure about the pricing yet because I don't have a final cost in getting them to me plus any cost to ship on to others. I may also have something local if you need it sooner. I'd have to check around.

I ordered ball/token trays, pachinko keys, basic dongles, pachislo player promo guides and other misc. If anyone is looking for something then just post or PM me. I also might be able to add things to my current orders before they leave the proxy service in Tokyo.

3. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I brought a job lot of 10 last time. But not cost affective to post to the US.
    Ian #UKPachinko

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    I brought a job lot of 10 last time. But not cost affective to post to the US.
    Yes that is the challenge! At what cost can one buy an item from overseas and resell it without a loss? I believe this is what ended many suppliers in the US market. As our dollar weakened years ago and the hobby cooled it is hard to get the good and cheap goods.

Now with the Yen being weaker I think I can at least bring in some items in small bulk quantities and share at a fair cost. If there is interest amongst the community then I wouldn't mind bringing product over for others. We shall see what I can find.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

postage alone would be around 10 bucks, mailing just a tray in the U.S. isn't cheap.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

10. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

How we miss Steve from 777. Pachinko and Pachislo machines for around 80 Quid.
    I had a Lord of the rings Pachinko with balls for 20 Quid off a Guy in Linclon once,
    Now we have one on ebay for 399.
    The worlds gone mad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by derek1960 View Post
    How we miss Steve from 777. Pachinko and Pachislo machines for around 80 Quid.
    I had a Lord of the rings Pachinko with balls for 20 Quid off a Guy in Linclon once,
    Now we have one on ebay for 399.
    The worlds gone mad
    I don't understand...if the hobby has cooled off, which I can tell it has, (demand is low) shouldn't there be ample supply and cheap prices?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    postage alone would be around 10 bucks, mailing just a tray in the U.S. isn't cheap.
    And that could be just half of the cost! Add the domestic shipping and any other fees within Japan prior to something getting shipped to another country.

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by PointyMustache View Post
    I don't understand...if the hobby has cooled off, which I can tell it has, (demand is low) shouldn't there be ample supply and cheap prices?
    Problem is that the supply isn't local to us often or in the case of many (not all) auction sellers, some think they have the rarest items which also drives up prices. But then again how often do you see an Elvis pachinko for sale? Also the cost of shipping never goes down domestically or otherwise.

"Local" sellers seem to keep product within the community as well. This being either changing to another hobby or out of hardship and need. Makes sense to first offer goods to those you know. Thus it may never be seen on eBay or Craig's List.

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by PointyMustache View Post
    I think Pete nailed it. Most of the supply is in Japan and the cost of getting it to the US is the killer. I recently bought a modern cell and a vintage machine from YJapan. By the time I payed domestic shipping in Japan, proxy fees to the deputy service, and shipping to the US, my shipping and handling costs were over $300 which was more than I actually paid for the items. Shipping a modern machine is $300-400 usually.

You can find guys in the hobby that occasionally sell their collections, or I sometimes order extra quantities of things that people are commonly requesting so that I can help out members, but there really isn't that much inventory aside from a bunch of overpriced 1970's pachinko machines on the market. I am sure there is a bit more profit margin for a company like Akimono that deals in enough quantity that they have container space shipping. Even still, Frank offered to sell his business here not that long ago and is now branching out into other products which I would imagine is because there isn't that much money in importing strictly pachinko related goods.

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was happy to see Frank hang onto the Pachi business as he expanded into additional goods and the brick and mortar store of Clover Collectables (http://www.clovercollectables.com/). I think it shows his dedication to the hobby.

I guess if the product demand is made known then the supply should follow. It would take time to build inventories and require sales momentum to maintain it. Just looking at it from a wholesale workers view.

20. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

for lots of things pachinko related, there never was a supplier/seller here in the U.S.
    over the years I learned that YJA was the best source for the things I was interested in.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

22. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to emmadog