Thread: Indiana Jones ball reward feeder not working

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unhappy Indiana Jones ball reward feeder not working

Hey Pachi friends! I'm currently experiencing an issue with my Lumina cell Indiana Jones. The game basically plays fine but it won't reward any balls. The feeder doesn't seem to be making any sound or vibrations at all. I looked for any loose connections or damage and didn't find any. Didn't have time to tinker much further and figured I should seek some advice before I break anything!

Hope you're all having a good 2017 so far!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Indiana Jones ball reward feeder not working

Do you have an error code displayed on the back panel near the bottom? Or perhaps some gunk has built up in the ball dispensing mechanism causing it to stop working. You could look into this for debris and cleaning it.

The long green cover over the ball path down the right side has a tab to press under the bottom edge which allows the green cover to swing upward. Under that you will see a clear block with a wire harness where the winning balls are dispensed. This clear block has a tab off to the right which when depressed you can then slide the block towards the right. I believe it will then lift out for inspection.

Here is a link from the research center for some visuals starting on page 20.
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/loca...d=6&linkid=542

Edit: I went back to mine and a few words of caution. You will want to unplug the wire harness before trying to pull out the box. Any balls above it will drop down behind it making things difficult to move with the wires still in place. Also there is a small metal, spring loaded plate above and slightly under the clear box. Take care to lift the back edge of this up before pulling the box outward. The box will otherwise be hung up on this plate.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

good clear pics of the back of your machine in its current state might help..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQdsVOLRKYk I did some Lumina /Bisty Frame Maintenance Youtube Videos back in 2009 and here's the one featuring the payout mech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mf_2rXbZ0g
    Last edited by takethecastle57; 01-24-2017 at 03:36 AM.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A couple of good videos, Thanks! The visuals are always good to have

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for all the replies so far. I finally got a chance to mess with it some more. I cleared out all the ball jams and took most of the ball feeder apparatus apart to see if there was anything stuck. Got it back together and decided to swap out Indiana Jones for Julie.

I am getting error code #7 on the back of the machine. Googling that suggested I adjust the metal ball stopper thing... No luck with that.

I also noticed a loose 2 pin red and white wire connector that I can't find any place to plugin. I'm not sure if it ever was plugged in. I can share some pics later if needed.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

is that connector near the payout motor?? it could go there.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

11. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Erniesan View Post
    Thanks for all the replies so far. I finally got a chance to mess with it some more. I cleared out all the ball jams and took most of the ball feeder apparatus apart to see if there was anything stuck. Got it back together and decided to swap out Indiana Jones for Julie.

I am getting error code #7 on the back of the machine. Googling that suggested I adjust the metal ball stopper thing... No luck with that.

I also noticed a loose 2 pin red and white wire connector that I can't find any place to plugin. I'm not sure if it ever was plugged in. I can share some pics later if needed.
    Code #7 is the system saying that your payout tray is out of balls. The system can remember that it was out of balls and needing more to finish the winning balls payout. You may need to refill the tray several times before the payout is completed and the "7" will change to a dash "-", normal state of operation. If your hopper is full then check the payout motor to see if it is running.

On my Julie and Vicky machines I didn't see the 2 pin red and white connector without pulling out the cells. The only ones I did see were for the speaker connections behind the front glass. Can you post some pictures please?

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay I think the unconnected red/white wire is a red herring. It's coming from the Julie cell from the two little boards packed with connectors on the top right of the backside of the machine.

Now that I know what code 7 is that definitely helps! I am unable to completely empty all the balls out when turning the release knob to clear them out. One side flows easily but the other side jams up and I have to manually crank the payout motor to get them out.

I already took most of the payout system apart and put it back together. I didn't see any jams but obviously there's something getting balls stuck up. Will have to take it apart again this week or next weekend.

Question: Does the error code need to be reset or should it reset by itself when the problem is gone?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Erniesan View Post
    Okay I think the unconnected red/white wire is a red herring. It's coming from the Julie cell from the two little boards packed with connectors on the top right of the backside of the machine.
    I’m still unsure about this wire after looking at my Julie again. What color is the plug? Sorry I can’t take mine apart now without waking someone at this hour. Are you unable to post a picture?

Now that I know what code 7 is that definitely helps! I am unable to completely empty all the balls out when turning the release knob to clear them out. One side flows easily but the other side jams up and I have to manually crank the payout motor to get them out.
    The code is actually looking to have the payout motor physically count out the balls. Hypothetically let’s say you won 750 balls and you only had 400 balls payout. By refilling the hopper then the payout motor will count out the remaining 350 balls. The release knob is only a bypass of the system to dump or remove balls from the tray and rails above it.

I already took most of the payout system apart and put it back together. I didn't see any jams but obviously there's something getting balls stuck up. Will have to take it apart again this week or next weekend.
    You may have a bit of grime built up somewhere causing the jam. I recently got a machine that was fine on the tiny payouts but larger ones would back up. I could tap the side and they would feed thru. Once a fever round had started then nothing would go thru the payout mech. I pulled the mech and used Q-tips and rubbing alcohol to clean it out. There was a lot or grime and cigarette tar in there and I spent a couple hours on the mech and ball paths! Take your time and watch how everything comes apart if you take the mech completely apart. Even better yet take pictures as you take things apart.

Question: Does the error code need to be reset or should it reset by itself when the problem is gone?
    I imagine it would reset by holding in the reset button about 10 seconds while powering up the machine. But it will come right back if the mech still jams up. The reset switch is the tiny black button just below the LED with the #7. The error code should go away when whatever required number of balls run thru the payout mech.
    Last edited by Peteybob; 01-29-2017 at 11:18 PM.

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

IMG_0796.jpg

Here's the loose connector I'm talking about. I traced it back to that board with 8 outputs in the bottom of the picture. I have no idea what all that stuff is for, I'm assuming it's parlor stuff or for multiple machines or something.

I should probably do a deep cleaning on both machines since I got them both about ten years ago and they've been in storage for about the past seven.

Really fun to get them setup again though!
    Last edited by Erniesan; 01-30-2017 at 02:03 AM.