Thread: Sankyo Fever the King - No lights on screens, no payout, buckets not functioning

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Sankyo Fever the King - No lights on screens, no payout, buckets not functioning

Hello All. I have been lurking on the forum for awhile, but just decided to join as I could use some help.

I just acquired a Sankyo Fever the King Pachinko that is in kinda rough shape. It was in storage for years and was very dirty and dusty. I have been able to fix everything except for a few issues I believe are related.

1. The machine does not pay out anything.

2. I believe the reason for number one, is the triggers in the little buckets on the play field do nothing. The only one that works is the center most, that triggers the reels. I still get nothing paid out from the reels (although I have never hit a 777 jackpot, I believe it should pay out something for other combos?)

3. The 2 little screens that normally show credits, or something, near the 2 buttons (which also do nothing, but that might be normal since ball lend is probably not hooked up) do not light up at all. I have already addressed everything that caused diagnostic codes on the back of the machine, but since the little screens on the front have no power (it seems) I wouldn't know if there were diag codes in the front.

A side note, I need to get inside the reels, as there is a big strip of dust/dirt hanging. What is the easiest access route? Thanks in advance.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sankyo Fever the King - No lights on screens, no payout, buckets not functio

No idea on cleaning. But the little display by the two buttons are for play credits. It will only work if plugged into a parlour credit system or a daverob super dongle.

As for the the ball sensors. If you open the glass door and just drop a ball into the start pocket (in the centre under the reels ) if the reels spin. The sensor is fine.
    The other pockets do not trigger the reels. Best bet. Is to follow the path of balls from the rear tank all the way to the payout motor. Making sure the ball stopper is up.
    It is possible for the payout assembly to get clogged up with dust and debris. So removing it and cleaning is a good idea. They normally just unclip and slide out
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 01-19-2017 at 04:56 AM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sankyo Fever the King - No lights on screens, no payout, buckets not functio

Hello PointyMustache and welcome to the group!

to Drunkenclam's comments.

Are you able to post some pictures of the front and back? This might help others to spot your issues.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was able to fix everything on this machine. Most problems due to jams and the plastic tab that holds the ball reward mech was too shallow so the mech kept popping out of place and causing ball jams, thus no pay. The ball shooting problem was due to the metal ring not working. Now all buckets seem to pay out. Strange thing is the machine never hits a jackpot...ever. It teases you by putting the 7s in a row, then moves one of the 7s back to a different position! It makes all sorts of noise during fevers but never hits anything. Kinda bummed about that.

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to PointyMustache

Thanks
    Thanks Received

One more quick question before I close this thread. There is a small single digit LCD right above the reels. During normal operation it displays a "-" but during fevers it has a number. Any idea what the significance is of the number?