Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Furthest you ever traveled to pick up a machine

Fever Hunter Super Dave Osbourne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Furthest you ever traveled to pick up a machine

Usually I get machines while on long road trips for other games, like pinball machines. However, one particular trip where I picked up a computer pachinko took me about 1600 miles one way to get it, even though technically I was on a road trip from the Midwest to the Rocky Mountains. So, its hard to say, but I have traveled well over 1000 miles each way for a pachinko, but not only for that game.

Recently to pick up a machine in Tuscon, where I was on a road trip that covered over 3000 miles, again that china man power flash was not the only reason I was on the road trip. However, I didn't in that trip pick up any other games, so technically it was for one game, and over 3000 miles. However, I did visit friends, hike routes in the mountains of NV, AZ, NM, CO and UT, so the trip was well worth it and about 2 weeks long. Machine worked great, wonderful condition and is the 5th of my power flash collection at about $15 dollars. Cost in gas, 300 or so, and a few beers and dinner for my friend that got the machine for me in proxy while I was not in town.
    Last edited by Super Dave Osbourne; 01-22-2017 at 02:35 AM. Reason: adding more info

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Super Dave Osbourne

Thanks
    Thanks Received

WOW 3,000 miles, That's why it's Super Dave and not just Dave

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to derek1960

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I went to Oklahoma to pick up an Any 7 machine. The caveat is I flew there to purchase the machine and then I had it shipped to MA. I certainly did not want to check the machine for the flight home. LOL
    I have not lost my mind. I have it backed up on disk somewhere...
    Dai Yamato, Gundam One Year War, Thunderbirds, Mach Go Go Go, Aliens
    Yamato Resurrection, Late '75 Nishjin Sumo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just last weekend, I traveled a grand total of 3,340 miles to pick pick up Cutie Honey from takethecastle57 ;D
    At some point during the trip, I played Vanessa Carlton's "A Thousand Miles" as well as The Proclaimer's "I'm Gonna Be (500 miles)" hah.
    Wish I coulda hung out/stayed longer.
    俺はデブの戦士、キューティージョニーさ!

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to kurumilover2003

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Furthest I've gone to pick up was the Narita from my Dads house in Va and shipped back to UT along with a No More War machine I let him "borrow" for a few years. Furthest anyone has gone to help me get a machine was a friend in San Diego. I found a Spin Luck there from a yard sale ad for about $300. He brought it to Az and dropped off to me in Casa Grande.
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Next time you swing through Ogden, Ut let myself or alucard know. We may have something of interest to part with.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dave Osbourne View Post
    Usually I get machines while on long road trips for other games, like pinball machines. However, one particular trip where I picked up a computer pachinko took me about 1600 miles one way to get it, even though technically I was on a road trip from the Midwest to the Rocky Mountains. So, its hard to say, but I have traveled well over 1000 miles each way for a pachinko, but not only for that game.

Recently to pick up a machine in Tuscon, where I was on a road trip that covered over 3000 miles, again that china man power flash was not the only reason I was on the road trip. However, I didn't in that trip pick up any other games, so technically it was for one game, and over 3000 miles. However, I did visit friends, hike routes in the mountains of NV, AZ, NM, CO and UT, so the trip was well worth it and about 2 weeks long. Machine worked great, wonderful condition and is the 5th of my power flash collection at about $15 dollars. Cost in gas, 300 or so, and a few beers and dinner for my friend that got the machine for me in proxy while I was not in town.
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2