Thread: Identify a machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Identify a machine

Local seller. I have not looked at it yet but hope to today. Any input?16003304_10208230458619985_8061889602823140700_n.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Identify a machine

I've got a 76' Sankyo that's very similar beside the background. So mid to late 70's Sankyo, not particularly rare or valuable, cool though. Price would depend if it works, any parts missing, condition, ect..I would say $40-80 range maybe? Looks like it needs a good cleaning/polishing. I'd get pictures of the back to see if anything is missing.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Crazy deal. Seller was like 2 blocks from me. Got it for 30. Know is an add on kit. Machine mostly working using manual lever.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to jimdanforth

Thanks
    Thanks Received

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to jimdanforth

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi jimdanforth and welcome to the Group!

Cool center piece with the frog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would ha e bought it just because of the add on knob ball launcher! Not very common. It will need a transformer to power the ball launcher. Can't tell from the pics if it has one or not. Since I don't have one, I don't know if it is complete or not. Some members here have them, so learning more about them shouldn't be a problem.
    It is missing the ball track cover. Without it balls will bunch up and fall out the back at times. Home made ones can be made from almost anything from Plexiglass to sheet metal or aluminum. Something as simple as cardboard and duct tape will make it playable! You might find a member with an original one for sale...or a reproduction one can be purchased for about $20. (I know...hard to pay $20 for a part to a machine you bought for $30 !) Looks like the channel for "ball dump is broken. Not a major problem...it is only used when emptying all the balls from the machine. You could put your hand over the broken section to keep the balls from flying out when dunping.
    Can't tell much about the wiring...I see some, which I can't say about most Sankyo's. For some reason the wiring has been stripped from all of them that I have seen.
    All in all, a good deal for the price! I would have paid up to $50 just because of the electric shooter conversion. Maybe more if the shooter works.

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Previous post should have said KNOB is an add-on. Any market for the kit? I don't plan to make it work.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'll make a cover. I have a laser cutter and a 3d printer, so lots of options.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by jimdanforth View Post
    Previous post should have said KNOB is an add-on. Any market for the kit? I don't plan to make it work.
    Are you thinking about removing it and selling it? If so, someone would probably be interested.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes I do plan to sell it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't know what a fair price is. I also don't know what environment here is. Some forums expressly forbid "auction" type sales, but since I don't know a fair price I would probably be safer selling on eBay. If someone wants to let me know if selling is OK on a make offer basis, I would be appreciative.

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to jimdanforth

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not sure what a fair price is. It don't look complete, since I have never had one...I don't know what complete is. I do know that a pulley and cable are used...I think to adjust power from the knob. Looks like cable is off the pulley, but could be complete.
    Pachitalk used to have an auction...but not for many years. I know selling is not forbidden, I just don't know the rules. A moderator could answer that question.
    If you do put it on ebay, post a link on this thread...it will probably get more attention.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You may buy and sell here. There is actually a Trading Post forum with a Members Trade area specifically for posting items you would like to buy, sell, or trade. The Pachitalk Auction is no longer active so you can ignore that part of the site.

Your machine is nice, but I would say the most interesting and unique thing about it is the addition of the electric shooter. If you remove that and sell it you are left with a very common machine that has holes in the front where someone had to drill to install the shooter. Not only do you lose the value of the shooter you also further reduce the machine value due to the damage left behind. If none of that matters to you, and for most people it probably wouldn't since most of us aren't in the business of buying and selling for profit, by all means forge ahead and sell the shooter. It is your machine to do with as you see fit after all, but I thought it might be a point worth considering. The value of the whole is likely more than the value of the two pieces separated.

20. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

We wired up the shooter and it worked. Needs the string replaced that varies the spring tension, but it did all work I like it as a vintage machine, and to be honest shouldn't have bought another machine So if I can recoup my cost and maybe make enough to buy the wife a couple o Diet Cokes, I would be happy. I think I'll offer it at $50, realizing I might be a bit high. I shot a video of it working.

22. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to jimdanforth

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I agree with Spyder. The 1st thing that caught my eye was it was a vintage converted to electric shooter. I am not a big fan of electric shooters...but I like the concept of a factory conversion. Would I convert one myself? Probably...if I had the parts...or could get them at the right price. Because I like to tinker and modify. But I would probably prefer a factory conversion. That being said, I probably wouldn't know if it were added by the factory or another collector. Unless it was a botched job...or if the knob was labeled Sankyo, and was mounted on a Nishijin!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by jimdanforth View Post
    Local seller. I have not looked at it yet but hope to today. Any input?16003304_10208230458619985_8061889602823140700_n.jpg
    cool machine

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Stumbled onto the shooter for this machine on eBay. Cleaned the parts up a little and took some pics for your viewing pleasure.KINDLE_CAMERA_1491352485000.jpg Transformer, switch and motor assembly. I have never had a shooter knob conversion...so I can only guess as to what is normal. Looks like there is only one speed, regardless how far the knob is turned. This guess is based on a simple on/off (SPST) switch. KINDLE_CAMERA_1491352682000.jpg with the cover off, you can see that speed would be the only thing that could be adjusted. The crank that rotates will always pull the launch hammer the same distance back, regardless of how many volts go to the motor. KINDLE_CAMERA_1491352550000.jpg Top view with cover back on. As you can see, location of this assembly is probably pretty critical to insure proper pressure on the hammer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

26. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok...I guess those last 2 pics did show up! I was having problems seeing them, so I just posted before losing everything. That was, of course the shooter knob. Taking it apart to make it easier to clean revealed a gasket that I didn't expect.KINDLE_CAMERA_1491353105000.jpg It broke, and is crumbling...so it probably won't be reused. KINDLE_CAMERA_1491353182000.jpg Three screws hold the front cap on, which remains stationary. Only the ring rotates. KINDLE_CAMERA_1491353254000.jpg A single screw holds the pulley on the shaft. Once removed, these two parts slide apart. I cleaned and slightly polished the parts. I forgot to take pics of the additional brackets and pulley...but not very much more parts.
    I'm not ready to install it onto anything yet. I don't even know which machine to put it on. I do know that it won't bePowerFlash!

28. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall