Thread: Shake III

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Shake III

For Drunkenclam:

Shake III sale price??? (USD pricing @pachislomarket.com)

ShakeIII.jpg

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Shake III

Give it a year and you could probably remove the first 2
    Ian #UKPachinko

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes the prices are crazy the way they drop. I thought of you mentioning this machine in the past and figured you would get a chuckle about the ad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What is so appealing about this "Shake" style machine? Looks pretty basic. Just curious

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I haven't played any of the Shake series but I imagine it is the music and videos that are attracting. With a quick search these videos of Shake II and III on youtube look pretty engaging!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCcQRKEFvrk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SwdcyPHqvg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have never been much of a slots player, but I recently thought it was time to dabble into my first pachislo. I found one on Craigslist locally, and bought it. It was a basic machine without a lot of the newfangled bells and whistles, but I found it to be fairly non-entertaining. After playing it for a short while (a few weeks), I re-listed it on Craigslist and sold it. I think I'll stick with Pachinkos. I'd like to see what the "Shake" can do; based on my pachislo experience, I can't imagine that kind of money for one. JMHO.
    I'm not addicted to Pachinkos. I can quit at any time. Did I tell you about the three machines that I have on the way?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's funny because I have a bunch of older machines as well and I feel like they get boring after a while. I have learned with these new machines the biohazard and other titles they make it less about getting a certain combination on the reels and more about working your way through a story. anytime there is more than one ending it gives replayability to try to help the characters through that story. It adds a depth to the game that is not there in the older models you're discussing or the ones I had previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
    I have never been much of a slots player, but I recently thought it was time to dabble into my first pachislo. I found one on Craigslist locally, and bought it. It was a basic machine without a lot of the newfangled bells and whistles, but I found it to be fairly non-entertaining. After playing it for a short while (a few weeks), I re-listed it on Craigslist and sold it. I think I'll stick with Pachinkos. I'd like to see what the "Shake" can do; based on my pachislo experience, I can't imagine that kind of money for one. JMHO.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Shake does seem to be more about making the characters play music...so maybe that is the draw?! I want to get into pachinko but I hate it all the cool (even Americanized) looking machines have so much Japanese in them. Wish they had a language option... if you were going to suggest two top pachinko machines (all time and then from the ones actually buyable right now); Which would you recommend?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
    Shake does seem to be more about making the characters play music...so maybe that is the draw?! I want to get into pachinko but I hate it all the cool (even Americanized) looking machines have so much Japanese in them. Wish they had a language option... if you were going to suggest two top pachinko machines (all time and then from the ones actually buyable right now); Which would you recommend?
    Well I suppose because Pachislos and Pachinkos are made solely with the Japanese parlours in mind, they have no real incentive to have English language in them, there are a few with some English and Western style of Movie themes, perhaps to attract tourists to play them in the parlours? But they aren't originally intended for home use or use outside of Japan really. They are designed for a short parlour life and then to be recycled, so we are lucky to have them and besides if we want English speaking machines, then there are plenty of UK Fruit machines or US Slot machines on the market.

For me, I like the fun of the Japanese speech and part of the attraction for me is trying to work out what is happening on the screen and just playing and discovering really adds to the experience.

You'll get lots of different opinions on what are the top titles, it depends on what you are into, for me I love the creepy old style horror of Horror Mansion pachinko, and the fun cartoon Garfield pachinko, for Pachislos I'd go with Battle Cesar, it's a sort of RPG style, I'm not a big fan of pachislo but that one could draw my attention being in the UK, I don't have any 'newer' titles but there is more choice over in the USA and the members are bound to chime in with their favs too

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Plus hearing Jon shout "Garfield" in Japanese is hilarious
    Ian #UKPachinko