Thread: FINALLY bought a pachislo, cant get it working

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default FINALLY bought a pachislo, cant get it working

Hi! I finally had a chance to get my first machine! It is an Electrocoin Azteca. I can't get the darn thing to work! I bought it from facebook marketplace for $50, the display was funky and wouldn't show numbers on the LCD properly. I found it to be the large connection on the left most side of the main board. Now that I can read the display, I have two problems I can't seem find an answer to.

When I do a reset inside the machine with the key, it tends to get stuck in difficulty setting mode. I turn off the machine, turn the key, set the level, turn the machine off (both before I turn the key back, or after I turn the key back) and when I turn it back on, it is still stuck in difficulty mode, and can be adjusted, even with the key off. I finally get it out by chance with fiddling with it on-off-on-off, the key switch this way and that, etc. The key switch is working properly according to the LED on the main board. I am obviously not doing this right. What is the proper procedure?

The other problem is once I am out of that level set mode, my credit display shows a single zero. It will accept coins to the hopper, and the LED light on the main board blinks when a coin go through. It will not register a credit. There is also no music, just a soft buzz I can adjust with the volume switch. What am I missing here.

I should note, there is a metal prong setup in the very bottom right of the cabinet, below the hopper. There is a green and black set of wiring going to it, but there is nothing installed there. Am I missing something I need?

Please help if you have time. Thank you!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: FINALLY bought a pachislo, cant get it working

I think you have to push the lever on the front of the machine down to lock the setting when you are finished.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Steve2000

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Checking the order of doing the reset is key to it being accepted by the machine. As Steve2000 mentioned, you need to press the spin knob as one of the steps. Also you shouldn't need to turn off the machine power in the end. Below is the method mentioned in a manual located on PachiTalk.

To change the odds, there will either be a key switch or a toggle switch. Power the machine off and either turn the key switch or toggle to the “ON” position. Turn the machine on. A number from 1-6 will be shown on the credit meter (or display on the back of the front door of the machine, depending on manufacturer). Use the reset button on the power supply or on the back of the door to change the odds to the desired setting. When the desired setting is reached, press down the “SPIN REELS” lever to set the odds. Turn the key switch or toggle to the off position and the machine will be ready to play. After this last step you should hear a "click" sound from the coin mechanism. This tells you that it is ready to accept tokens for play.

Hard Reset / Changing Odds
    http://www.tattooiowa.com/pachitalk/...ion_Manual.pdf
    (See page 2 - CHANGING GAME ODDS/FULL RESET PROCEDURE)

This may take care of your other problems once the machine is completely reset. Let us know where you end up after this is done and you are able to play a while.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

this the the instructions i have saved,,,

In order to do a full reset or change odds, machine must be in idle mode with no tokens or credits being played.

Locate internal toggle switch (red tipped or silver with on/off tabs) or insert key into internal key switch (if your machine came with 2 keys).

Machine must be turned OFF. Turn key clockwise or flip reset toggle switch to the "ON" or "ODDS" position. Turn main power switch ON to access programming mode.

A number from 1 to 6 will be displayed on the CREDIT meter on the front door or on a display inside the door.

Locate the reset button. This will be located on your power supply. On SAMMY brand models, the button is on the inside of the door only.

Depress the button and notice movement of number being displayed on the credit meter. Once the desired level is displayed (1 to 6) pull "spin reels" handle (black or red knob on front door) down, like you are going to spin the reels, to lock odds level into machine memory.

Turn key switch back or flip toggle to "OFF" or "PLAY" position. Machine should immediately initialize. You will know the machine initialized if the "Insert Medal" light starts flashing. If not, make sure you remembered to press down the "SPIN REELS" lever. If it still doesn't initialize, turn power to the OFF position, wait 15 seconds and turn power switch back to ON position.
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow, thanks guys! That fixes the odds problem, I wasn't pressing the lever. I read a bunch on the forums last night. It appears my optical sensor is bad on the token mech.

It takes coins to the hopper, but they do not register. There is a small hall effect sensor that is triggered by the coin pushing in a tab as it rolls by, it appears to be fine, the LED on the main board respond when the tab is pushed manually. There is also a small optical sensor marked U-198PD. It appears to be bad. When a coin rolls by, the two corresponding LED lights on the main board that it is apparently connected to (from what I read here) do not illuminate.

It looks like the main board checks for timing on the two sensors, so I can't manually bypass this, correct? Anyone have a source for the U-198PD? It is a M-3 mech, know where I can find a good one?

Thanks everyone!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by matt1124 View Post
    I should note, there is a metal prong setup in the very bottom right of the cabinet, below the hopper. There is a green and black set of wiring going to it, but there is nothing installed there. Am I missing something I need?
    This setup is most likely for a token overflow sensor which is not necessary for home use. Below are a couple pictures of one of my machines with what I think you are asking about. These can simply be left alone or just cap the wires if you want to remove it. I found the extra hopper to complete my setup simply for out of desire and it works as it should. It isn't needed assuming you have a door key and check how full or empty the hopper is from time to time.

Pachislo Overflow1.jpg
    Wires and posts in bottom right corner

Pachislo Overflow2.jpg
    Overflow bin with holes in back for sensor posts

From what I understand there are two methods to collecting tokens inside a machine when the hopper eventually overflows. There is a hole (or a knockout panel) in the bottom right of the machine cabinet. In parlors the overflowing tokens would simply fall thru this hole to a take away system which collects them. In smaller parlors or other settings a secondary hopper might be used. With posts extending into this hopper they will make contact with the tokens as it fills up. In turn an attendant is alerted to the machine needing some attention for the excess tokens to be removed.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    This setup is most likely for a token overflow sensor which is not necessary for home use. <snip>
    That is very similar, that must be what it is! I noticed a hole in the back where you can just reach in and grab from the hopper, it must have been set up to just spill out haha!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by matt1124 View Post
    It looks like the main board checks for timing on the two sensors, so I can't manually bypass this, correct? Anyone have a source for the U-198PD? It is a M-3 mech, know where I can find a good one?Thanks everyone!
    As for the sensors all I have done is to clean them. The recommended way that I often see is to use glass cleaner on a Q-tip without getting the sensor to wet. I have had success with this. As for a replacement hopefully someone more tech savvy will see this. I haven't come across any M-3 mechanisms either.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just a late thought after re=-reading your posts. You mentioned that the LED on the front shows a zero and that credits are not showing up for tokens getting to the hopper. Has this been for more than the first 3 tokens that you deposited? Does the 4th and following tokens fall into the hopper or do they fall to the outer payout tray? The reason I ask is that some machines have an option to play just 1-3 tokens at a time or switch over to add up the credits to 50 after the first 3 tokens are deposited (still showing a zero until the 4th token is in).

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Haha, ok guys don't laugh. I bought a second machine...

It has the same mech, I swapped them and the Azteca came to life. I tried
    cleaning the sensor with alcohol, didn't help.

Probably keep the Azteca for parts since the internals appear to be the same except for the circuit boards.

Thanks everyone for the input!

New machine is a rat boy, Jirokichi. We will probably convert it into something custom!

13. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to matt1124

Thanks
    Thanks Received

and so, the cycle starts
    ;
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

15. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to luckydog