Thread: Ball lifter project

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Lightbulb Ball lifter project

OK so Ive been reading a lot of the ball lifter threads but it seems like its a unicorns horn of a problem to make one easily, reliable and affordable.

Well I think I will have a stab at it . First off I have no idea about ball lifters or machine requirements except what Ive read here and videos Ive watched on you tube so its really a stab in the dark but that's half the fun. I'm going to be building a in frame unit for a vintage machine so no fever mode to worry about.

Machine requirements
    1 catch tray for the balls (I'm thinking laser cut box with a sloped bottom to feed the balls to the lifting gears)
    2 some way of lifting them (Probably go with the traditional way of stacking them but I'm looking at worm drive)
    3 switch to tell machine to lift balls (I'm thinking load sensor on an arduino as I don't want it to be on all the time just when needed)
    4 other bits and bobs to switch it on/off etc etc
    5 easy to build with plans + other files if needed and a tutorial so everyone can make it/modify it .

Could be biting off more than I can chew but hay.

I have access to a laser cutter and 3d printer so these will be my main tools.

Anyways if you guys have any ideas/advice please feel free to post it and if you think I'm flogging a dead horse then that's fine to post as well

I'm off to do some designs back later

J.

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to JammaBuilder