Thread: Need SANKYO SPARKMAN Machine Help!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Need SANKYO SPARKMAN Machine Help!

I recently purchased a Sankyo Sparkman machine, and it seems to be in reasonable condition. The issue is that it seems that parts of it are not receiving enough power (i.e. the "ball throwing device" and the lights/sounds.)
    A few lights turn on and the ball return mechanism runs, but there is a high pitch tone that seems to come from the main fuse. When I gently separate the the fuse wires, it sounds like its powering up and the lights briefly flash and there is a soft "pop"
    coming from the speakers. I have included a short video of what I think the problem is. Please let me know if you have any solutions, thanks!https://youtu.be/iG-qe0cKL5s

2. The following user says "Thanks" to baleout

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Need SANKYO SPARKMAN Machine Help!

Quote Originally Posted by baleout View Post
    I recently purchased a Sankyo Sparkman machine, and it seems to be in reasonable condition. The issue is that it seems that parts of it are not receiving enough power (i.e. the "ball throwing device" and the lights/sounds.)
    A few lights turn on and the ball return mechanism runs, but there is a high pitch tone that seems to come from the main fuse. When I gently separate the the fuse wires, it sounds like its powering up and the lights briefly flash and there is a soft "pop"
    coming from the speakers. I have included a short video of what I think the problem is. Please let me know if you have any solutions, thanks!https://youtu.be/iG-qe0cKL5s
    Probably would want to start with checking the output of the transformer, they can go bad and not produce enough juice to run the machine properly.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

glad to see you post..

Welcome to Pachitalk
    i sold some parts off mu machine so the below pic is a bit out of date.. but i can say the plug you posted in your vid as missing is missing on mine as well.. (mine was missing parts when i got it so that stil may be a problem)

it think you have a bad connection.. i would chase the wire your tuging on and see if there is a loose connection or clean the contacts on the fuse and make sure your getting good contact.. and i like the post above about your transformer power output..

i have some of the center feature parts on my machine still so if your looking for center feature parts i may have them.. from the front my machine still looks mostly complete..

sparkman back and plugs .jpgP1140690.jpg
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello baleout, I see this is your first post. Welcome to the group!

I hope you can get your machine all sorted out and working properly.