Thread: New to PackiTalk, My first 4 vintage Pachinkos

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New to PackiTalk, My first 4 vintage Pachinkos

Hi I am new to PackiTalk and I must say it has been a great experience over the last few weeks. I have read hundreds of threads that have helped me getting my units up and running. Here is my story. About 7 years ago I came across 3 vintage packinkos at a garage sale. I had a friend that had an operational vintage pachinko and I thought what the heck, she has 1 so I need 3. The seller wanted $50 each for them but I negotiated him down to all 3 for $75. They appeared complete but covered in dirt and cobwebs. I got a Heiwa, NewGin and an Okumurayaki. I took them home and attempted to get them working but was unsuccessful because I thought they needed power to work and was unaware of this site at the time. Shortly there after I became the proud parent of twin girls so the pachinkos were shelved and two moves later fast forward to Sep 2016. I had several projects in my garage that needed my attention or to find the bottom of a trash barrel. I made a list of all the projects in my garage and decided I needed to complete the projects or get rid of them. I dug out the 3 Pachinkos and began researching how they worked and what they needed. It took me about 2 hours to get the NewGin up and running at 90%. The next day I tackled the Heiwa and got it working in about 1 hour. A few days later I looked at the Okumurayaki but was puzzled by the motorized ball launcher. I researched it but couldn't find much information on it. I plugged it into the wall because it came with a standard power cord and I saw 110V listed somewhere on the unit but the motor just wouldn't fire up. I troubleshot the circuit and found the motor was getting power but just not turning. I then disassembled the motor and found that the motor was rusted. A little bit of cleaning and the motor now works great. By this time I had caught the vintage Pachinko bug and I started looking at CL and local Estate Sales. I looked at Nishijin listed on CL but passed on it. I then found an Estate Sale with 4 vintage pachinkos. One of them looked interesting so I was able to acquire it. It wasn't until I got home and researched it that I realized I had a PowerFlash. But that's another story.
    Heiwa Front.jpgHeiwa Rear.jpgNew Gin Front.jpgNew Gin Rear.jpgOkumurayuki Front.jpgOkumurayuki Rear.jpg

2. The following 11 users say "Thanks" to Jeffrobodein