Thread: New to PackiTalk, My first 4 vintage Pachinkos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New to PackiTalk, My first 4 vintage Pachinkos

Hi I am new to PackiTalk and I must say it has been a great experience over the last few weeks. I have read hundreds of threads that have helped me getting my units up and running. Here is my story. About 7 years ago I came across 3 vintage packinkos at a garage sale. I had a friend that had an operational vintage pachinko and I thought what the heck, she has 1 so I need 3. The seller wanted $50 each for them but I negotiated him down to all 3 for $75. They appeared complete but covered in dirt and cobwebs. I got a Heiwa, NewGin and an Okumurayaki. I took them home and attempted to get them working but was unsuccessful because I thought they needed power to work and was unaware of this site at the time. Shortly there after I became the proud parent of twin girls so the pachinkos were shelved and two moves later fast forward to Sep 2016. I had several projects in my garage that needed my attention or to find the bottom of a trash barrel. I made a list of all the projects in my garage and decided I needed to complete the projects or get rid of them. I dug out the 3 Pachinkos and began researching how they worked and what they needed. It took me about 2 hours to get the NewGin up and running at 90%. The next day I tackled the Heiwa and got it working in about 1 hour. A few days later I looked at the Okumurayaki but was puzzled by the motorized ball launcher. I researched it but couldn't find much information on it. I plugged it into the wall because it came with a standard power cord and I saw 110V listed somewhere on the unit but the motor just wouldn't fire up. I troubleshot the circuit and found the motor was getting power but just not turning. I then disassembled the motor and found that the motor was rusted. A little bit of cleaning and the motor now works great. By this time I had caught the vintage Pachinko bug and I started looking at CL and local Estate Sales. I looked at Nishijin listed on CL but passed on it. I then found an Estate Sale with 4 vintage pachinkos. One of them looked interesting so I was able to acquire it. It wasn't until I got home and researched it that I realized I had a PowerFlash. But that's another story.
    Heiwa Front.jpgHeiwa Rear.jpgNew Gin Front.jpgNew Gin Rear.jpgOkumurayuki Front.jpgOkumurayuki Rear.jpg

2. The following 11 users say "Thanks" to Jeffrobodein

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New to PackiTalk, My first 4 vintage Pachinkos

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

neat machines... great colors.. love the vintage electro shooter those are kinda rare...

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

To the Site that Never closes ( Someone is always online here ) Nice machines you have there.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello Jeff and welcome to the group!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

hello and welcome! Which powerflash did you get? And wheres the picture !!! Congrats on your mahines! will be beautiful soon I'd bet! The electro shooter on the vintage is very cool!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is a picture of my powerflash while it was at the Estate Sale. They were asking $80 the first day. The next day it would have dropped to $40 if it was still around. They were allowing bids on the first day as long as it was over $40 and still around at the end of the day. I left a bid of $51.50 and got it. They told me I just beat the next high bidder by $4. I did not know exactly what i was getting until I got home with it and did some research and discovered it was a powerflash. A bit of cleaning, some balls and a new transformer and it is functioning nearly 100% of the time. One tulip occasionally sticks and it needs more cleaning. I am building a wall mount case and will hopefully have it completed soon.Power Flash Estate Sale Tag.jpgPower Flash Front.jpgPower Flash Rear.jpg

9. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Jeffrobodein

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks like youve got the little man powerflash! They are awesome machines. I have the other version :-) love powerflash

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrobodein View Post
    ohhhhhhhhhh power flash with a strange background... cool
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was wondering about the background. A quick look around this site and it looks like most PowerFlash's had a solid green background?

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Jeffrobodein

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrobodein View Post
    I was wondering about the background. A quick look around this site and it looks like most PowerFlash's had a solid green background?
    not like I'm keeping track but it seems like yours would be one of only 3 that i can remember..

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    not like I'm keeping track but it seems like yours would be one of only 3 that i can remember..
    Yeah I think this is the third PF I've seen with the blob background. Member Rival had one and the other I think was on ebay a few years ago.

Oh and to Pachitalk

100 machines and counting...