Thread: Eva 9 - Ball speed knob issue

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Eva 9 - Ball speed knob issue

Greetings! I recently got Eva 9 as my first pachinko machine. I have been working through a few issues with it, and am trying to fix an issue with the balls not reaching the playing field.

After experimenting with it a bit, I think the issue is that the knob which controls the ball speed is not meshing with a gear next to it that transmits the ball speed to the rest of the mechanism. I am not sure if something broke or slipped inside the knob. When I turn the knob I can see the gear next to it twitch a bit, but it doesn't really turn like I am fairly sure it's meant to. At one extreme the knob has a sort of broken grind-y feel to it as well. It's all covered in a clear plastic piece so I can't really manipulate it without taking it apart.

Looking at it, I think the 2 wires behind the knob which look like the could be for shooting the balls can be unplugged. It looks like the knob itself is attached along with the cover over the knob gears as a sort of cartridge held in by 5 or 6 screws around the edges. I am hoping I can unplug it and unscrew it and pull it out the front and see what's going on. I am a little concerned some little spring will fly out as soon as I unscrew things and be forever lost, but I may give this a try tomorrow.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Eva 9 - Ball speed knob issue

I got busy with a screwdriver this morning and managed to get the knob and cover assembly removed from the gears. Once I pulled that off I could see that the ratchet which connects the handle to the gears which control the speed had broken off of the assembly underneath and was just flopping around on the end of the handle. It pulled a chunk of the screw-hole out of the mount when it broke off, so I don't have much hope for an easy fix. I might try super gluing it, but it seems like this part takes a lot of stress since I can feel the resistance in the gears. I suspect I will need to replace this assembly.
    2016-10-22 11.14.07.jpg

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Eva 9 - Ball speed knob issue

Good fault finding. Maybe renforcing the area would help
    Ian #UKPachinko