Thread: Battle of Vader mechanical issue

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Battle of Vader mechanical issue

I recently purchased a Battle of Vader Pachinko machine, and although the TIE fighter will occasionally spin (very slowly) the arms holding it won't move so it is constantly blocking the screen. Also, the small screen down and to the left of the TIE fighter won't move down so it is also blocking part of the screen. Does anyone have any idea what could be preventing the machine from moving these parts the way they should move? The LCD on the back of the machine shows the number 7, is that an error code? Any help would be greatly appreciated. The rest of the game is working but it's not as fun when you can't see most of the screen!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Battle of Vader mechanical issue

Hello Everleaf and welcome to the group!
    I'm not familiar with this machine but others will be along. I just wanted to say hi!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

more of a vintage guy myself...

also wanted to say

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

to the site that Never closes

I have the 2015 Sankyo Revenge Of Vader pachinko machine and I was lucky to win it on Ebay from Akimono .

When I first turned mine on luckly the machine went through the whole start up sequence with no problem and you might have to do a Cold Reset :

Power switch is on the lower left of the machine with the back of the machine facing you and the Little RED Button right under the Power Switch

Now with the Pachinko Machine Power Switch Off in the back of the machine Hold the Red Button in and then Turn On the machine with the Power switch on the machine .

Do the Pachinko silver ball just fall through the machine to the bottom of the back of the machine ? If so on the Middle Right of the back of the machine there is a Red Slide Lever on the Left hand side of the Ball payout device Make sure the Red Slide Lever is in the Down Position , Then you can fill the Top Ball Hopper and the Single Segment Display should show - which means everything is ok no faults .
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The cold reset made it so that the TIE fighter lights up, but the arms holding it still won't move it up or down. The small screen also doesn't move down. The seller suggested we move the TIE fighter manually, which we could do to some extent, but the small screen will not move at all and we don't want to push on it so hard that we break something. The balls in the top hopper on the back of the machine have not been falling through to the bottom, so that seems to be working as it should. Thank you for all of your advice!

Sandwich Shooter stampeed valkyrie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I purchased an Eva 8 machine from Akimono that had animatronic issues as well. I completely disassembled the cell and was unable to resolve.. ended up replacing the cell with a working..
    You can try moving the animatronics yourself as something may have just popped off the track in your machine... worst case is take the cell apart and manually manipulate the moving components back into place.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had the same issue the tie fighter would try to go up but would keep crashing down. What I found is in shipping the sliding rail skipped a tooth it could never hit the sensor telling it that it needs to stop and stay there. When I first got it it would drop down then try to go up and get to the top and drop rapidly again then over and over.

I carefully slid a plastic strip cut from an old cr80 blank card so the teeth did not catch and gently slid it up one tooth. It now works great.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

9. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to samslack