Hello,

I finally have a place to put my 1975 Sankyo pachinko so I plan to build a simple wall cabinet for it. I plan on using 18mm MDF, simply because I already have plenty of it and the cost of real timber in the UK seems really expensive (I looked around and even 'cheap' pine would cost me £40 locally for enough to build a simple frame). I'll wall mount it using a french cleat plus a few extra screws in the top cleat and base support board once it's hanging on the wall for extra security.

I just wondered how others went about deciding on the size of the frame, I've taken measurements and my Pachinko is 530mm x 816mm -should I cut the mdf to exactly fit these dimensions or is some amount of clearance needed? If so, how much?

Also I've seen mention of ensuring the machine is tilted back a few degrees, how critical is this? (my machine does seem to naturally lean back on the base very slightly)

Finally how do you secure the machine to the frame? My thoughts are to drill holes through my mdf frame and the machine frame and then use 2 or 3 bolts each side to secure the machine in place - or would simple screws be better?

Thanks in advance for any advice.