Thread: Hi, Everyone!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Hi, Everyone!

Hello! I'm new to Pachinko, having picked up a Nishijin yesterday @ a junk store. She's going to need some TLC and whatnot, but all things considered it's functional.. which I wasn't expecting!

Apologies for the poor quality of the picture, I've got an awful phone with an awful camera on it. Ironically, I had set out to buy a new phone when I stopped by the junk store and well.. now I've got this beaut!

Dated it to (at work now so I forget) either Showa 52 or Showa 53, so 1976/1977?

14193699_10209235792359057_445429470_n.jpg

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to liquid_sky

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Hi, Everyone!

Hello liquid sky and welcome to the group

Congrats on finding your machine and enjoy!

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

looks like a very nice machine.. and an even better First machine

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It actually has all of the back plastic! Using this site I learned it's a model b.. and my balls are dirty. I can't help but laugh.. I found a video on one of the pinned threads that helped me clear the jackpot jam and I just have to give her some TLC and get some better balls and hopefully works. The ball feed mechanism is wonky.. there's no wait flag and I've loaded the top of the machine but it just won't take any balls into that little clear area to hold them. I opened the case and pushed the pin on the left hand side down and swung the assembly out and everything appears to be in good order... these are little Rube Goldberg machines and I'm sure there's just a switch that see-sawed the wrong way or something. If I get too desperate I'll start a thread and ask but right now I'm at the "What a fun mystery" phase and not the "You evil little #&#&" phase

8. The following user says "Thanks" to liquid_sky

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

to the addition
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome Aboard

Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome ! Great group here!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wonderful group. I used some of the sticky posts about cleaning to get my unit looking better, and then some of the sticky videos about each component on a Model B, fixed some sliders that weren't right and leaf switches that were out of place.. and then did some deep searches to find how to get my wiring fixed..... some of the solder joints are weak hitting the switch and whatnot.. but update from the other day;

new balls came in, 1,000 freshly polished from japan.. passed 4,000 balls thru.. 1000 dump in dump out.. then half in storage half in play, get jackpots etc till it says 'wait' and i need to put more in... sans ONE tulip that isn't working just the sheer force of pushing all these balls thru shook off whatever dirt dust or muck was stopping up the payback system and the extra weight makes the see-saw fast.... now sometimes its delayed reaction.. ball falls in tulip, tulip opens, ball goes in open tulip and it pays out twice.. not sure if that's a feature of the machine or not but i like it, adds some skill. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the tulip though.

Also, I'm going to see if my neghibor next door can take some better pictures of it.. he's really interested in how the machine works and wants to give it a spin once I've got the last of the kinks worked out. I still, putting it off to be stubborn, but need to take some of the anti-tamper plastics off the back and give the machine a better cleaning and un-tarnish nails but that can wait a while, right now I'm just happy to be able to play with this machine!

... and honestly, none of this would have happened without this group. You guys and gals really are the bees knees, unless you dislike bees. In which case, I love ya, but not in that kind of way. *cue Seinfeld* NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT!

15. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to liquid_sky