Thread: Here is a look after cleaning

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Here is a look after cleaning

Started a new thread because I have some questions too. The biggest issue I have with the machine is this broken upper tray. I will continue to try to find a replacement.
    20160802_224614_001 (2).jpg

Also, is this a problem that can or even should be addressed? If so, how?. Maybe a clear coat of something to keep it from getting worse?
    20160807_215239 (2).jpg

Here is the back all cleaned and reassembled. Still work to do on the frame and door mechanism.
    20160813_175117 (2).jpg

And the front, with my bubba'd repair to the upper tray. (temporary until I find a new one)
    20160813_175239.jpg20160812_153221.jpg

Finally,
    Is my OKUMURAYUKI MONAKO VICTORY machine an off brand or something because I do not see very many of them as I cruise around the internet looking for Pachinko stuff?
    Should I resist the urge to shine all of those brass nails or is that even something one does?
    If anyone knows what I have to do to get my pics to appear upright I would sure appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks for looking.

2. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to Hammers

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Here is a look after cleaning

Pretty creative upper tray fix! You may be better off replacing the play field background graphics. Lots of guys here do a great job of replacing them with new/improved graphics. Nails - you can pull them all and put in a tumbler ( a bit daunting) or attempt to shine them in place but that can be a bit harder in its own way.

Welcome!
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

4. The following user says "Thanks" to naha13

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Finding a tray will be difficult. Fixing it is a good option. I used plastic epoxy and 12 gauge copper wire to fix one of mine.I repaired it...but went overboard on reinforcing it, unnecessarily. I lined the edges with 12ga copper wire, and buried it in epoxy, sanded smooth and polished. I don't think the wire was necessary...but in there now. If you ever find a tray, you can still replace it!

6. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi. There is a Okumurayuki of the same year for sale on my local craigslist for $20 or $30. Headline says $20, body of ad says $30. It's not too far from my work. I don't want to mess around shipping an entire machine, but I'd be willing to pick up the machine, remove the tray and ship the tray to you for the cost of the machine plus shipping. No money necessary for my time, just happy to help out another PachiTalker. I would guess you'd be at $50-60 for the tray when all was said and done. Let me know if you're interested and I'll see if the seller still has the machine.

Heres as a link to the machine: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/tag/5732074149.html

8. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sent PM

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Time for an update with a few new pics (upside down and sideways of course)

But 1st I want to publically thank Spyder138 for going out of his way to obtain and ship a replacement upper tray. What a great guy and hope to have a lot more to talk about with him.

I bought some more balls and built a deeper frame so it would hang on the wall. It's now mounted just a few feet from where I do most of my tinkering in the basement. Still trying to decide what to do with the concrete walls though.

The replacement tray from Spyder138 is on and everything works perfectly, except I have not bought lightbulbs yet but everything seems to be OK for that system. Cleaning everything, and I mean everything, and new shiny balls resulted in an exceptionally smooth operation. Payouts are perfect every time and I can throw as fast as I want and it never jams.

I discovered the main face board plywood is warped and since I could not use the locking mechanism, I simply added a small wooden latch on the top that catches a nail and snuggly pulls the face board closed. Works great.

20160827_204306.jpg20160827_204351.jpg20160827_204421.jpg20160827_204429.jpg20160827_204627.jpg

11. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Hammers