Thread: Star Wars: Battle of Darth Vader clicking modification?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Star Wars: Battle of Darth Vader clicking modification?

The Star Wars: Battle of Darth Vader pachinko machine has a very annoying trait... It has two ball diverters that are constantly clicking even when the machine is just sitting there. Since these are gambling machines I assume they probably have all sorts of tamper protection so I've not really looked too deeply into what could be done about it.

If I had my wish I'd rig up something that set them flip-flopping for a short duration after the ball firing mechanism was triggered and then it would shut them off... After 10 seconds or so. I mean the balls only are in play so long after being shot. But barring that, I'd settle for a manual override switch so I could have the machine on in my game room without it making noise all the time. Anyone technical enough to know if something like that is even possible without setting off some tamper prevention mechanism?

This is my third Star Wars pachinko in addition to my Star Wars Pachislo and full-sized Data East Star Wars pinball machine.

Other than the noise this is a really cool machine... Though it has a similar issue with the TIE fighter that the chibi prequel-themed Advent of Darth Vader unit has with the Vader mask. I've got to explore the mechanism/belts because they both seem to slip or jam and sometimes prevent smooth operation.

Ben Lewitt
    Grand Rapids, MI

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Zottig

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Star Wars: Battle of Darth Vader clicking modification?

Yeah, I noticed the same thing when I received my Star Wars machine. I have all my machines in wall mounts and often turn them all on (14 machines) when guests are interested, but Star Wars becomes super annoying when it idles clicking away. Unfortunately, me Star Wars machine is defective, so I removed it from the display. If I get it worked out with the vendor and have a working machine, I was going to look into a delay circuit to make the divertors work only when the balls are in play.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

my Bunny Girl has a spinning piece that makes noise all the time too!!!
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

What about the "Enter The Matrix " Pachinko with All those Cooling fans Making so much noise . When I want to play my Revenge of Vader machine I turn it on and when I am done playing it I shut the machine off . Maybe install a On/Off switch for that one or two Noisy machines so if your not playing it you can shut it down .
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I ordered one of those automatic playing interfaces for my machine. Something in the interface disconnects the mech that does this clicking.

But.... It also stops the spinner in the middle, and there is no function on it to turn them back on without removing the whole kit. So you have to play via the autoplay device. Which is a bit rubbish really. But if you are having it just for display purposes then it would be perfect.

Cheers

Cris

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This what I fitted...

http://page15.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/t501611832

Cheers

Cris

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi,
    have You found a solution to "kill" the clicking noise of this machine when not in play ?

Thanks
    Roland

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you want to see mine run silently...watch my youtube videos of it. they were completely removed!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBs..._as=subscriber
    Calypso

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Calypso......How did you get into them.....to remove them? Not seeing any screws etc. Thank you. MGB1977

Thanks
    Thanks Received

MGB,

I am no tech wizard & much of this is copy+paste to save typing. But here is what worked:

Disclaimer:
    The down side is you get a lot more balls in the start pocket (or upside) because the game was 'balanced' to have those clickers diverting balls away every other second. This equates to me needing a lot less balls to play (longer play time with less balls) & more frequent trips to fill the top hopper. I actually went so far as to pull out both motors and rockers. (one of them stopped working- causing an alarm so I had to find a solution) now the balls just randomly fall left or right when they pass through that area. And I can leave the machine on with guests over and its nice and quiet. I was kind of forced into the situation, and ended up preferring it. Just thought I would share my findings.

It takes a couple of steps:

Check out the photos for some clarification. The wires that control the motors are behind the upper circuit board in the first photo. there is a release tab under the right hand side of this panel. push the release tab towards the front of the machine and slide the whole board about 1/2 inch to the right, it should then fall free (with a bunch of wires still attached)

Behind it you will find the panel in the second photo. the third and fourth connector on the top (small grey and small white) control the motors. in this photo only the third connector is inserted.

with the power off, if you swap the small gray and the small white to the opposite plugs, the way the motors rest with swap. That is, the left motor will now rest with balls falling to the right and the right motor will now rest with the ball going to the left. Power up so the motors will swap the their new rest positions. Then power back off, and unplug both connectors. Now when you power up, the motors will no longer function (enjoy the quiet) and any balls that pass through will go towards the start pocket sorter, so you will get l lot more spins.

I also unplugged the large gray and large white connectors, I think they are part of the sensor that monitors the motors, but this might not be necessary. If you get any alarms, then it is. Make sure you do all the swapping with the power off.

Put the removed circuit board back in place by putting in to position and sliding 1/2 inch to the left.

Let me know if you have any questions. It worked great for me.

IMG_6446.jpgIMG_6448.jpg

Also check out Bill's videos @The Plasma Infusion because it looks like he cloned this technique (mod) for his games but did a much better job video cataloging it on YouTube.

Video Here:

https://youtu.be/tD3somwJjZM

And then an update with a few tweeks due to "Error 81":

https://youtu.be/6wOQJyXEn0E
    Calypso

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Calypso